Mythologia

Veryl

The Little Devil
[glow="silver"]Mythologia
So I made a new skillmap, its not very long and hard, but its pretty :>

I hope to see this map added to the record book in the future. it gets harder as you progress if u try it as fast as possible.

[/glow]

Last edited:

¥oshi

[video=youtube;ee32hCUZ8lU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee32hCUZ8lU[/video]

jk, looks good. ;D

Slyhand

Senior DR Staff, King of the Arcade
Staff member
This looks incredible. Great job Veryl!

Wyatt

Retired GunZ Moderator
I'm impressed, the map itself looks absolutely amazing.
Great job Veryl

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]Mind blown....
Made me think it wasn't gunz anymore, looks awesome!
[/glow]

Guardian Angel

DRGunZ Guinness Recorder
This style would be awesome as a normal map too :O

Nice job on the skillmap :)

Kiyde

Skillmap Guru/Last Dragon
IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL Q_Q

LET ME TRY IT. LET ME TRY IT. LET ME TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian Angel

DRGunZ Guinness Recorder
ow, like a stadium or something? :3
Like a high-tech gladiator testing ground, like you get thrown into a digital world and some guy generates a world for you to practice in, that kind.

Veryl

The Little Devil
Like a high-tech gladiator testing ground, like you get thrown into a digital world and some guy generates a world for you to practice in, that kind.
Sounds like a plan ^-^ Although I dont want to focus on Swords only. I'd like to make it possible to play a fun game of CTF or TDM
I probs will have skillmap assets (like a parkour above ground as a shortcut to the other team's flag)
But I get where ur coming from. like those tutorial levels from S4 league right? but then more like the map Ruins or wait I get it, the MAP gladiator..idk if its called gladiator xD.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
You already know what I think, you should have started mapping earlier :)

I only saw the video now, I thought the background and animations would lag, but apparently it runs smoothly.

Veryl

The Little Devil
You already know what I think, you should have started mapping earlier :)

I only saw the video now, I thought the background and animations would lag, but apparently it runs smoothly.
Veryl late with everything >.< doesnt matter tho.
this is like the only game so far where I started to make maps and seeing it work fluently ingame is enough satisfaction already.
although I would love to see a couple of dozen players play thish x3

The textures don't lag because I didnt actually use any opacity maps. If I used those the map would be uplayable lol.
I used the additive setting where everything in the texture that's black isnt rendered.
this way I easely can make glow, holograms, glares without any lag :)

Guardian Angel

DRGunZ Guinness Recorder
well to me it looks quite high-tech or something that's not made with recent materials. But it doesnt necessarily have to be a glad room, it would also make a kickass quest map, with goblins running towards you.

And yeah its something like the S4 league's tut room, but then im imagining a wider area.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czVaA4aXx0c
0:04 Like that, the digital world being created, but using your texture of the area as a ground floor, maybe a few pillars here and there, a tile sticking out vertically. And at the end of the map the platform just crumbles in pieces from medium-small sized platforms to really tiny

I think that would look really cool with your textures.

If you want i can make a visual for you if you still dont get it XD

Veryl

The Little Devil
Animating all those louse verts like the AC loading screen wouldn't be good for ur cpu xP also gunz uses a different engine and I know already it could get ugly really fast.
so ill stick to the transparent interfacelike boxes.

Theres pretty much nothing to see yet since I just started. im adding all kinds of animated glowy surfaces and Im not sure if I should add a blueish wireframe to the ground. it might distract the player to much.
things ima add:
-High-ground parkour
-Several houses
-crates
-fences
-scenery

if u have any more ideas, let me know :) I like to make the community part of making maps so more people than just me had a little input in creating a new map ^-^.

N

NOPROBLEM

if u have any more ideas, let me know :) I like to make the community part of making maps so more people than just me had a little input in creating a new map ^-^.
something to block direct line of sight for spawns

Guardian Angel

DRGunZ Guinness Recorder
You dont have to animate all those shards. The idea was to create such a crumbling edge on the end of the map with your textures. maybe a animated shard here and there, but not all of them o_O

Laughter

In my mind's eye
That map looks terrible.
Since you're so good as to make that i'm pretty sure you could make something way better.
As neo said you seem pretty good at mapping, it's just the map isn't something I like..