Possible way to bring the population back to the server

Jon

So I have been thinking of way to try to bring the DR GunZ server back up to its former glory.

People look for private servers on top sites. Top 100 top 200 etc.
The only way to get on the top of those is by voting. Yet nobody thinks about voting.
So i was thinking to get people to vote. you have a voting system. and can vote once a day on the "top sites"

Link 1(top site) : Vote now for 1 Voter Token!
Link 2(another top site): Vote now for 1 Voter Token!
etc..

And the reason they would vote would be for items.

• Voter Items:
  • Voter Sword
  • Voter Dagger
  • Voter Meds
  • Voter Shot Gun x2
  • voter Pistol x2
  • Voter SMG x2
  • Voter MG
  • Voter Large Sword
  • Voter Rifle
  • Voter Grenades etc.
  • Voter Head Torso Legs and Hands Pieces

and they should have a little bit of an advantage over the items in game. but not to much.

Start maybe at level 50 or 60 for voter items.

(ie)
To keep it somewhat balanced you can, for example the shot guns. Make the items level based. So a lvl 50 Voter Shotgun would be better than the level 50 shotgun in the in game store. But if they want the level 60 shotgun the voter item would be a little better then that one as well but voter items can also be upgraded by the voter for 1 token (or something around those line))

• Line: "Do you want to Upgrade your Voter Shotgun for 1 Voter Token"
  • Yes No
  • And if yes is clicked then 1 Voter Token is taken away and level 60 shotgun is replaced with the level 50 shotgun
  • Line:"Congratulations on your Upgrade! Item Received: Level 60 Voter Shotgun!"

The Voter armor would be the same since it doesn't have any effects that will benefit the user, making it purely cosmetic.

and the style can very. Get different skins for the weapons and armor etc.

Reason for a little advantage is because, it would still be helping out the server by bringing more people in to play,
and be able to support the sever even if they cant afford to donate.

Just a thought :) hope you guys think its a good idea because I think it is:p

P.S. Voter Tokens can be how ever much you guys want them to be. I don't know how that would be balanced out. Just somewhere around the lines of enough to where you cant get something right away but have to vote for a numerous amount of days to get something.

Jon

Realistically, if the person would want to play this server, they would just come back but if not, they won't.
Im not just talking about the old players. im talking about new people in general. Not everyone knows if the server is back up or not.

Jon

Ok, only way to do this is go on every gunz forum that is active, mass forum post about DR and go in game and advertise.
????
Profit
The whole point of the voting system is to bring people in that are looking for a private server. People dont join low populated servers becuase they want to play with people and the voteing will bring it up and bring more people and probably the old players because there are more people playing and it wont just be them online alone.

Sacrifices

Retired DR Minecraft Staff
voteing will bring it up and bring more people
That's like saying voting for a new president would bring more people to the United States. All I say is we advertise to bring new players. That's it.

Jon

His/her logic is that voting will bring new people, when realistically we would have to advertise.

Ialreadydothat
well first off people come to america no matter who the president is. and where else can you advertise? youtube? on a channel with no subscribers to see the video? random forums? that will get your account banned for flooding it? with voting you can have the community make a difference in a positive way. and my logic is clearly shown in the thread. Sure you can advertise. but it wont get anywhere when people dont see that its populated.

boomshun

His/her logic is that voting will bring new people, when realistically we would have to advertise.

Ialreadydothat
xtremetop100 is an advertisement site. And voting for the server on that site would be increasing the rating. Higher rating would mean that it would a be server they would see higher on the lists of servers among the others. So players would see it before the others. A player like myself would be much more interested in a server that is ranked number 9 than one that is number 20, just for an example. To give players an insensitive to vote it would be a good idea to reward them. So a voting system could work as advertising. Or am i missing something here?

Jon

twitch.tv
youtube.com
justin.tv
other forums (that have gaming section)
WoW
LoL
Dota 2
TF2

Think man, it's not that hard.
All other games. Think man. If people are playing other games why would they go play another game that has nothing to do with what they are playing. they don't wanna see that. just like you wouldn't want to see people advertising other games on the forums. is common courtesy and respect to other peoples games.

boomshun

twitch.tv
youtube.com
justin.tv
other forums (that have gaming section)
WoW
LoL
Dota 2
TF2

Think man, it's not that hard.
Ok than go do that. It would probably work out great, although i'm not sure how well advertising on unrelated games would effectively bring new players, it may work. For now he is proposing this idea, which i think would be pretty effective

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.

We cared about those 'Top Websites' for far too long, only to realize that they were as corrupt as the Gunz server that owns them. People pay to have their servers brought up in those websites; and also, they wanted 50$ from me to change our old domain 'daemonsrebirth.com' into 'daemonsring.com'.

Since I created the accounts on the referred websites along with Shino, I posted them here when we started these forums:
http://daemonsring.com/forum/showthread.php/206-DR-Network-Voting-Links-are-back!!!

Sadly, no one cared. This voting reward idea has worked perfectly on servers like World of Warcraft, where the votings and hits are legitimate, but for Gunz, they've been useless for years now since what you see on the biggest top websites are only manipulated results.

Nevertheless, I assume that you were not aware of this information, so I would like to say that I really appreciate your initiative in wanting to promote our server.

Thank you :]

Jon

Hello.

We cared about those 'Top Websites' for far too long, only to realize that they were as corrupt as the Gunz server that owns them. People pay to have their servers brought up in those websites; and also, they wanted 50$ from me to change our old domain 'daemonsrebirth.com' into 'daemonsring.com'.

Since I created the accounts on the referred websites along with Shino, I posted them here when we started these forums:
http://daemonsring.com/forum/showthread.php/206-DR-Network-Voting-Links-are-back!!!

Sadly, no one cared. This voting reward idea has worked perfectly on servers like World of Warcraft, where the votings and hits are legitimate, but for Gunz, they've been useless for years now since what you see on the biggest top websites are only manipulated results.

Nevertheless, I assume that you were not aware of this information, so I would like to say that I really appreciate your initiative in wanting to promote our server.

Thank you :]
Thank you for the response Neo. The day after i posted this i saw that Umi announced the idea too, but i put more thought into it because i loved the idea. and the idea does work mostly on role playing servers like WoW and other games because it reminds people to vote and work for something. And i didn't know this information so thank you for clarifying it. And when i played back in the day and server went down i don't know full story. i think Kolie just messed with everything or something. i would like to know what exactly happened because when kolie came back he messed with me in the ventrilo server by bringing me down and deleting the donor items on my account. he asked if anything happened. i said no( i lied) and then they were all back... i just think he wanted a reaction out of me.