How much old gen consoles are around ?

jacksonsmith

Banned
I keep thinking,maybe now the new gen (ps4/xbox one) have more players than the old gen (ps3/xbox 360),its been one year and some months since the last gen and a lot of people (rich people for me) moved out,so that means the old gen now is a minority ?

What do you guys think ?

Sacrifices

Retired DR Minecraft Staff
360/PS3 are not yet considered old gen. There are still games being produced for it.

Damage

Retired Staff
I don't believe more than 50% of everyone that had a PS3 has a PS4 now

Terumi

Donator
if you ask me PS4/Xboxone was release too early maybe another year or two would of been better

Nibelheim

Administrative Team Counselor
I came into this thread expecting discussion about Atari, Nintendo, etc.
I was disappointed.

N

NOPROBLEM

PS4 and Xbone were old gen when they launched using a 2 year old mediocre PC gpu.

Leningrad

Former GM
360 era ended with gta5 just saying sold my 360 elite for a good price while most of the dummies think that the upcoming games for 360 gonna be anything good :>.
In other news by the time they stop producing x360 games c4eva should have xbox one cracked open and flashed meaning I can buy xbox one for a fair price flash it and play pirate games like I did on x360 online ban free xoxo~

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
I came into this thread expecting discussion about Atari, Nintendo, etc.
I was disappointed.
I started gaming in the Spectrum age, I must have been 7 or 8 years old; back when we needed a tape recorder to run games that arrived on tapes :)
Nowadays, there are a lot of websites that provide Spectrum games for free, and playable online. I confess that recently I've played Bruce Lee, lol... It was one of my favorites. And those text based RPG's...Epic! That's how I first started to have contact with the English language, and without false modesty, that's how I've always achieved high grades in school, without studying jack shit, and not even going to English classes :] (Along with the help of movies, shows, and songs, obviously...)

But yeah, I was actually expecting, at least, the playstation 1 to be mentioned. It's interesting, though, that DR's age range goes from 12 to 35 years old, if I'm not mistaken. After all, DR is turning 9 years old this year of 2015 :] When we reach a decade of age, we should make a DRcon. LOL!

supp

No even after a year and 1/2 last gen is still dominant. Think most people don't have the money or they're coming over to PC platform fulltime. That's a good thing. [rofl]

Terumi

Donator
No even after a year and 1/2 last gen is still dominant. Think most people don't have the money or they're coming over to PC platform fulltime. That's a good thing. [rofl]
PC games are broken day one plus fuck spending 1000$+ just play fucken new game #fuckPCyYOeventhoughihaveone

supp

Yeah, u gotta wait extra sometimes, but think of how easier it is to pirate on PC and all the mods, plus the graphics, and of course the developer aspect. Consoles too limited, too closed. Oh and u don't have to spend that much, but u do go over that that number if u want the top-line quality.

Sacrifices

Retired DR Minecraft Staff
PC games are broken day one plus fuck spending 1000$+ just play fucken new game #fuckPCyYOeventhoughihaveone
It's easier to message the game developers on PC, assuming that they aren't big companies.

Anderson

my PC is worth like $300-400 and im playing far cry 4 at max settings.

PS4 and Xbone were old gen when they launched using a 2 year old mediocre PC gpu.
don't need the latest and greatest when you're not running a full fledged OS in the background while playing a game and that's without counting console optimization.

N

NOPROBLEM

my PC is worth like $300-400 and im playing far cry 4 at max settings.

don't need the latest and greatest when you're not running a full fledged OS in the background while playing a game and that's without counting console optimization.
Except half the xbone games can't even do 1080p and ps4 can't even do 4k. 4k should be the standard.
PS1 = 320i to 480i
PS2 = 480i to 1080i
PS3 = 1080p
PS4 = 4K 1080p

Xbox = 480i to 1080i
Xbox360 = 720p to 1080p
XboxOne = 4K 720p to 1080p

supp

I do not want to seem anti-console though. They're nice and less hassle. Also think most people, maybe majority, don't care bout graphics. They just want the fun.

That's a good thing. [rofl]

Terumi

Donator
I do not want to seem anti-console though. They're nice and less hassle. Also think most people, maybe majority, don't care bout graphics. They just want the fun.

That's a good thing. [rofl]
i wish games these days were fun