Halp Kiyde play DR again!

Kiyde

Skillmap Guru/Last Dragon
Hey, everyone. Been having a problem finding a good quality PS/2 to USB adapter for my gunz keyboard =c

Recently got a new desktop and the motherboard doesn't have the port on it, so instead of buying a whole new motherboard(because I'm lazy), I've been looking for an adapter, only to find that the one's I've bought don't work well enough to play gunz effectively. Like... when I use it, it doesn't receive multiple keys pressed at once. So If I walk forward holding W, then hold A to walk to the right as well, and then switch from holding A to holding D to walk right, it no longer registers that I'm still holding W to walk forward and I'm left with only walking right. Hope you can understand that LOL. Hold W, Hold A, Let go of A, Hold D(no jokes please xD), keyboard only registers that I'm only holding D(>_>) when I'm still holding W as well.

So yeah, what I'm asking to whoever's willing to suggest, is a adapter that will allow my keyboard to work in the way a normal keyboard will work without an adapter.

Thanks a bunch!

PS: Do this for me and as soon as I receive it in the mail, I'll be back playing DR before you can say skillmap. ;3

Vatharna

get a mechanical keyboard

also ur motherboard is shit if it only has one slot
also its shit if it doesn't have oldschool mice and keyboard slots
get a new motherboard

adapters are a waste of time. you have that problem now, you gonna have it forever, just get another motherboard

N

NOPROBLEM

He's right, only one slot is really bad. My old dell from 1997 had like 5 slots.

Kiyde

I know this o.o but I said I don't want to replace my motherboard right now, I just want a good adapter if one exists.

can no one help me find a good one :(?

Gunblade

Administrator
Staff member
I know this o.o but I said I don't want to replace my motherboard right now, I just want a good adapter if one exists.

can no one help me find a good one :(?
As far as I know USB can only handle approx 3-4 keys at once.
It's a limitation all of my USB keyboards have had.

Kiyde

As far as I know USB can only handle approx 3-4 keys at once.
It's a limitation all of my USB keyboards have had.
o.o my usb keyboard works fine in that regard. I just don't want to play gunz with it because I'm not used to playing with flat keys, which this one has. I need the large upward keys to play gunz with, but the usb keyboards with those keys I've bought don't seem to respond as well as my PS/2 keyboard, which is why I'm looking for a good adapter so I can continue to use it ^^

ricepeas

DRGunZ BETA Tester
does it work well for you o.o? like it can handle multiple keyboard keys being pressed at the same time and stuff?
No clue, dont use it. But it dont see why it shouldnt, since all it is doing is changing the input.

Kiyde

No clue, dont use it. But it dont see why it shouldnt, since all it is doing is changing the input.
qq maybe it's that my keyboard be too old for it to work correctly. bought a keyboard yesterday, hope it's to my liking xD