Gunz ani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickles

Why are so little(none) developers experimenting with the already existing gunz animations?
Think you could make some fun weapon, map or armor animations with them.

Removed terrible wings, white shows feathers ingame

Wucas

You can't just add random objects to the player models, they have to all follow the same bipedal structure, using the same amount of bones and objects within the bones. The animation you have here would not work in GunZ, it just wouldn't. Animations are read one at a time, not added upon each other and harmonize with one another. If you plan on having wings, you would have to develop every single animation (~30) in which had these wings. If you wanted 2 dozen feathers, well you better plan on having 2 dozen feathers when you start making your first walk animation as well.

Mesh names inside the model file are important and only one can be used per armour piece with the exception of an avatar. As for animations with weapons, unless you wish to do a total rehaul of the engine itself, the only animation available are created by texture animations or are hard coded.

The only animations that can be really done completely and totally free of parameters set by MAIET are new NPCs and map assets.

Developers are messing with these things, we just don't give out freebies every chance available, heu heu heu heu. (If you want to know the truth, I have RealSpace 2.0, RealSpace 3.0, and the Eclipse engine completely documented which I performed nearly entirely myself, if that isn't "messing with these things" idk what is.)

Last edited:

Nickles

Did I step on your sore toe?

I know the texture animations can't be modified, moved or scaled. This requires a new python script.
But that's not the point. I bet some fun things can be done, even with the presets.

As for my animation, it did play infinite, and the feathers indeed got moved down to knee level, fun regardless.

Wucas

Did I step on your sore toe?

I know the texture animations can't be modified, moved or scaled. This requires a new python script.
But that's not the point. I bet some fun things can be done, even with the presets.

As for my animation, it did play infinite, and the feathers indeed got moved down to knee level, fun regardless.
Umm no, you did not step on my sore toe, I honestly feel nothing but indifference to this thread tbh (my feet are actually quite comfy in the slippers I have on currently).

As for the python script, completely incorrect, GunZ Blender script does not export animations and the one for MAX is written in C++. That isn't even the important step however, seeing that RealSpace 2.0 was written by MAIET for GunZ and contains the bare minimum needed to function visually. Anything not needed was not written, and this includes mesh animations for clothing and weapons. Even the softbody was kept only the most minimal usage, only effecting the Coat portion of the body.

Your animation did not play because it cannot play, GunZ just doesn't work that way. Just because it works in the MCV does not mean it works ingame.

My point in making the post prior was to explain something you seemed to not understand. If you feel I was angry with you or frustrated in any way that was not the intention. Rather than pretending you understand all there is to know about animation and GunZ, it may be beneficial to ask a question or two, there are many people who have played with this since the source was released two years ago.

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="#45acf6"][staff]Nickles and Wucas, both of you will be watching your tone or this thread will be closed.[/staff][/glow]

Status
Not open for further replies.