Forum upgraded to vBulletin 4.2.3!

Wesley

Forum Administrator, DR's Webmaster and Treasurer
Staff member
Ahoy DR! The forum went down for a couple of minutes while I updated the forum to the latest version, vBulletin 4.2.3

Here is the changelog:
Code:
We're proud to announce that vBulletin 4.2.3 is now available. There are 67 issues resolved in this release. 
The purpose of this release is to update the software to PHP 5.5.0 compliance by replacing the /e parameter in regular expressions with proper callback functions. 
vBulletin 4.2.3 also includes fixes for PHP 5.4.0 compliance along with several other minor bug fixes.

Improvement Request

[VBIV-15116] - Add "Translations" direct link to edit the title phrase of navigation elements
    [VBIV-15915] - Disable Strict & Deprecated Warnings by default (as per pre 4.2.2 behavior)
    [VBIV-15922] - Restore Previous / Next Links in showthread_list template to move between posts in threaded mode

Task

[VBIV-15930] - Sync vB4 & vB5 permission bitfields
    [VBIV-15968] - Update min php version for 4.2.3 to php 5.3

Bug

[VBIV-4355] - Infraction hover image missing: yellow-card_sm-hover.png
    [VBIV-15424] - Who has read a thread expansion button in wrong place
    [VBIV-15629] - Fix non-helpful error messages
    [VBIV-15683] - Minor typo in functions_navigation.php
    [VBIV-15693] - functions_navigation.php require once statement needs to be fixed in functions.php
    [VBIV-15854] - Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ....
    [VBIV-15855] - PHP 5.4 compliance error on albums
    [VBIV-15858] - Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389 when posting a reply in an HTML enabled Forum
    [VBIV-15859] - Incorrectly checking for value of "display_errors" using ini_get
    [VBIV-15860] - Declaration of vB_DataManager_StyleVarDefn::delete() should be compatible
    [VBIV-15861] - Strict standards in Inlinemod
    [VBIV-15866] - Strict standard error on PM
    [VBIV-15874] - Strict standard on image processing (GD / ImageMagick)
    [VBIV-15875] - Strict standard on profile with blog
    [VBIV-15876] - Strict standard on ForumRunner search
    [VBIV-15877] - preg_replace deprecated error in class_bbcode_alt.php
    [VBIV-15878] - preg_replace() deprecated error in class_bbcode.php
    [VBIV-15881] - cms warnings
    [VBIV-15885] - Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../blog_post.php on line 496 when creating a new blog
    [VBIV-15893] - PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in private.php on line 767
    [VBIV-15899] - preg_replace deprecated error in ./includes/functions_newpost.php
    [VBIV-15900] - preg_replace deprecated error in ./includes/class_block.php
    [VBIV-15901] - preg_replace deprecated error in ./includes/class_wysiwygparser.php
    [VBIV-15907] - profilefiled in newreply
    [VBIV-15913] - vbulletin_ajax_threadslist in search_resultlist should be vbulletin-ajax-threadlist?
    [VBIV-15920] - preg_replace() deprecated error in class_postbit.php
    [VBIV-15923] - PHP 5.5 Preg_replace deprecated messages in ./includes/class_mail.php
    [VBIV-15932] - PHP 5.5 Preg_replace deprecated messages in ./includes/class_bbcode_alt.php on line 1276
    [VBIV-15938] - PHP 5.5 Preg_replace deprecated messages in ./forumrunner/support/utils.php
    [VBIV-15939] - PHP 5.5 deprecated messages in ./forumrunner/include/search.php
    [VBIV-15942] - Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../editpost.php on line 323
    [VBIV-15943] - Call to undefined method vBCms_Item_Content_StaticPage::getKeepThread() when deleting a static html page with comments
    [VBIV-15945] - Search results suddenly decrease after browsing many pages
    [VBIV-15950] - Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ./includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 806
    [VBIV-15951] - Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 23 in ./includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 489
    [VBIV-15952] - Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ./includes/class_bbcode_alt.php on line 333
    [VBIV-15961] - Reference to non-scoped $vbulletin in verify_payment() for PayPal Payment API
    [VBIV-15962] - Who's online - vBulletin 4.2.2 Patch Level 1 - PHP 5.4 warning given includes/function_online.php line 516
    [VBIV-15969] - Fix preg_replace calls that have the /e modifier
    [VBIV-16001] - PHP 5.5 Preg_replace deprecated messages in Panjo
Also updated was our spam and bot protection plugins with the new reCAPTCHA now being used in the registration form.
This was due to spam bots getting past our registration and spamming the forum. This should help to deter that.

Thanks for your patience and have a great day!

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member
[glow="lime"]the way in which Dolphin Browser shows the threads is so annoying.... does it have to do with the app or the forum version???[/glow]

Wesley

Staff member
Forum went down today for just a few minutes while I updated the forum to the latest Patch Level. Here are the details:
A security issue has been reported to us that affects vBulletin 4. We have released security patches for vBulletin 4.2.2 & 4.2.3 to account for this vulnerability. The issue could potentially allow attackers to perform SQL Injection attacks via the included Forumrunner add-on. It is recommended that all users update as soon as possible. If you're using a version of vBulletin 4 older than 4.2.2, it is recommended that you upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible. Please note that you need to update regardless of whether you have Forumrunner enabled.

lop1zh

DR Staff
Staff member
Forum went down today for just a few minutes while I updated the forum to the latest Patch Level. Here are the details:
thank you for keeping update our forum Wesley.

Wesley

Staff member
It's about the only thing I'm good for anymore, so you're welcome lol.

Wesley

Staff member
Apparently it was Patch Tuesday today. vBulletin sent down a Security Patch for vb4.2.3, this being the second security patch. So I took the forum down for less than 5 minutes and patched us up. We're at the latest version at vBulletin 4.2.3 Patch Level 2
There wasn't much of changes at all, but it does fix up security holes, here's what they said:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...curity-patch-vbulletin-4-2-2-4-2-3-4-2-4-beta
A security issue has been reported to the vBulletin team. Potentially, this issue could allow attachment uploads to exploit your system. This issue has been resolved.
Enjoy!

Emonium

First time logging I'm from my phone, thought it was just a mobile thing

EdwinNomma

Hi there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

champagne costume

EdwinNomma

Tapping into the ability of Eye Movement Gradual Desensitization and Reprocessing intervention for melancholy: any findings?

Gloominess is a complicated and crippling mental health state that alters countless numbers of everyone global. While typical therapies such as drug therapy and talk therapy can be effective for some, others may gain from replacement methods like EMDR (Eye Movement Gradual Desensitization and Reprocessing) treatment.

This forum thread explores the potentiality of Eye Movement Gradual Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy regarding the treatment approach of despair. While EMDR is chiefly known for its success in treating trauma-related imbalance, rising evidence points to that it may also be valuable for individuals with despression symptoms, notably who have have encountered negative occurrences or distressing incidents.

EMDR's ability to aim at and Processing distressing memories in addition to linked beliefs can aid in betterments for symptoms of depressive disorder by addressing Fundamental inner turmoil. Moreover, the bilateral stimulation employed in EMDR could assist in regulating emotional responses and boosting cognitive flexibility, variables which are affected in individuals experiencing depression.

Even though Eye Movement Desensitizing and Reprocessing therapy for depression is still an area of interest of ongoing research, early findings are positive. Incorporating EMDR in comprehensive treatment regimens for major depressive disorder could extend new paths to achieve symptom relief and upgraded overall quality of life for individuals coping with this demanding condition.

EMDR advanced seminar 2023
Teenage Corporeal Well-being Scheme 98_6a7c