Fallout 4 - Official Trailer

Sacrifices

Retired DR Minecraft Staff
IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

[video=youtube;GE2BkLqMef4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4[/video]

N

NOPROBLEM

The engine doesn't look all that significantly improved. Things look almost plasticy.

Hit

Support Team
GET FUCKING HYPE BOSTON BEST CITY

FUCK UR YANKEES I SEE A FORTIFIED FENWAY PARK LEGENDARY

screenshots from the trailer:

http://imgur.com/a/NX1qy

Last edited:

Sacrifices

The engine doesn't look all that significantly improved. Things look almost plasticy.
It's just the trailer. A lot of games don't look like their trailers. Besides, there wasn't any gameplay the trailer.

N

NOPROBLEM

It's just the trailer. A lot of games don't look like their trailers. Besides, there wasn't any gameplay the trailer.
Its looks like mostly in-engine footage. They can tweak the engine a little but the look is pretty well set, especially considering that they are releasing a trailer for it. Fallout 3 graphics on that engine were a huge step up from previous generations and it lasted for a long time. This really looks like only a slight improvement that will not age well and last nearly as many years. I hope I'm wrong and will eat my words, but I doubt it. Blame Sony and Microsoft for putting that shiity old gen gpu in their consoles.

Sacrifices

Its looks like mostly in-engine footage. They can tweak the engine a little but the look is pretty well set, especially considering that they are releasing a trailer for it. Fallout 3 graphics on that engine were a huge step up from previous generations and it lasted for a long time. This really looks like only a slight improvement that will not age well and last nearly as many years. I hope I'm wrong and will eat my words, but I doubt it. Blame Sony and Microsoft for putting that shiity old gen gpu in their consoles.
Consoles are outdated technology. On PC, you can achieve near realistic graphics. (with real time rendering like here or here)
On consoles, you can achieve what the console is limited to.

If FO4 looks plastic-esque, I'm sure there will be graphic mods on the nexus to make it better.
If they use a more updated, and enhanced engine similar to FO3/NV, think of all the things possible via the G.E.C.K.

Hit

Support Team
I would rather they do a trailer using in game footage that doesn't look mind blowing, rather than have one that's ludicrous then have to downgrade graphics for the actual game, like watch dogs.

It still looks very good, entitled people on the internet smh. PC will obviously be the best looking. I'm just glad they added some color to this one instead of the green's and grey's or orange's from the past.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest, I'm not impressed... Neither with this one, nor the previous one... Fallout 1 and 2 were great, I actually played them in the 90's, but after that, I've played the first 3D installment but got fed up of it quickly...

Juichi

Former DR Staff member / Sponsor
To be honest, I'm not impressed... Neither with this one, nor the previous one... Fallout 1 and 2 were great, I actually played them in the 90's, but after that, I've played the first 3D installment but got fed up of it quickly...
I still want a game of Final Fantasy with OVER 9000 LEVELS!

Sacrifices

Fallout 1 & 2 were great, Fallout 3 wasn't as good without the DLC, and New Vegas was amazing. A lot of people hate NV for being orange/yellow/red, even though it's set in the Mojave desert -_- What were they expecting? neon colours like 80's Miami?

- - - - Additional Post Merged - - - - - -

I still want a game of Final Fantasy with OVER 9000 LEVELS!
Please keep it to Bethesda/Fallout please.

- - - - Additional Post Merged - - - - - -

I would rather they do a trailer using in game footage that doesn't look mind blowing, rather than have one that's ludicrous then have to downgrade graphics for the actual game, like watch dogs.

It still looks very good, entitled people on the internet smh. PC will obviously be the best looking. I'm just glad they added some color to this one instead of the green's and grey's or orange's from the past.
Read my post above.