DR Forums XMAS Banner Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
AHO HO HO HOY everyone!

As we have entered the current month of December, it's time that we change our forum banner:

Into something more XMAS like :)

Instead of our developers making our own XMAS banner, we have decided to let the community make their own :)

The minimum requirements for the banner will be:

- The DR symbol, which can be fully custom:
- Daemons Ring's name clearly visible;
- XMAS elements (obviously):
- Size 360x90 Maximum to fit the forums' header.

Once we have enough entries, depending on the number of entries, 5, 10, 15, 20, etc.., we will choose 3 or 5 of the best banners which will be voted by the community into becoming our official banner during the XMAS holidays.

The prizes will be the following:

First Winner - 200 donator tokens + 3 months premium subscription + Banner on the forums' header.
Second Winner - 150 donator tokens + 2 month premium subscription.
Third Winner - 100 donator tokens + 1 month premium subscription.

Please post on this thread only your entries for this contest, only one post per person.

We will not be providing any images at all besides the one on this thread and on the forums' header, everything will have to be custom made by YOU.

Thank you and good luck, enjoy your vacations (if you have them), and remember to spend some quality time with your family!

NOTES:
- Members are allowed to make ONE post with how many entries they desire; members can further edit their posts in order to replace the current banner(s) or include other or more banners, until we have found enough banners to proceed to the voting phase.
- Staff is allowed to post in order to instruct the members on how to correctly make their Xmas banners.
- Remember that this thread is not for comments or to debate the quality of the entries, when this initial phase is over, we will open another thread in which the best banners will be voted, and then, they will be discussed.

Wesley

Forum Administrator, DR's Webmaster and Treasurer
Staff member
Common people. I know you guys have talent, you can easily do something like this for us.

Damage

Retired Staff
Hope you like it its pretty simple i din't want to make it too fancy

That is nice :)

However, please keep in mind that the banners we are asking for need to fit here:

So the maximum size for the banner would have to be 360x90.
okay ill edit it =D

this is 360x90 =D

I also made this one but i dint post it directly because it wasnt finished yet but when its so small it doesnt really matter

=D hope you like it, i made 4 different ones and this is my final entry
myself i do think the third one is the best , but the first and second are good too
than the last one is an option without the characters so yeah i put some great time into this hope it will be chosen
i thought it would be a fun idea to put a waving santa char to it so option 3 also is my original idea later on i added the male / tree / hat for the extra christmas spirit so you can really see its a xmas banner

Last edited by a moderator:

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
Hope you like it its pretty simple i din't want to make it too fancy
That is nice :)

However, please keep in mind that the banners we are asking for need to fit here:

So the maximum size for the banner would have to be 360x90.

Horrors

Retired
design should be transparent overall so that it doesn't look like a random block on the front page. try to keep the edges clean/transparent.

Agecaner

awwwww ppl using my logo to make stuff <3
I'll try to make something for christmas this time. c:

EDIT: So here's my entry, not happy with it at all but I didn't have alot of spare time right now.

Last edited:

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
awwwww ppl using my logo to make stuff <3
I'll try to make something for christmas this time. c:
Your logo is the DR default logo, hence why it is on the first post and on the forums' header, and we intend to keep it that way for the next couple of years. Your prize was to have it on the forums' header, so if people use it to create a XMAS banner, it's even better since the main logo doesn't change :)

We will not be providing any images at all besides the one on this thread and on the forums' header, everything will have to be custom made by YOU.
However, anyone is free to create a custom logo, but once XMAS is over, we will most likely revert to yours again.

Kiwi

Eddie
Here's my shitty, unoriginal excuse of an entry. Hope you hate it.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
one post per person. not one entry.
Please post only once, and add how many banner entries as you would like.

When and if you want to add another banner, please edit your post, we will see everything, don't worry.

Veryl

The Little Devil
OK you don't have to really count mine since im a dev.
I went a little experimental and it looks a little to bright maybe..

Mitsurugi

Community Administrator
Staff member

Dr_Pepper

Donator
Well, Here's my crappy attempt :D

The tree looks stupid on a grey background -.-

I'm bad. but the second one is probably the best one.

Last edited:

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
AHO HO HO HOY again!

Two weeks have passed and we have already have enough entries! :]

We will now make a quick selection of the best banners that will be voted during this weekend.

Thank you all for your contributions!

Status
Not open for further replies.