Design a map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veryl

The Little Devil
[glow="red"]I'm going to make a stadium in the style of my previous skillmap Mythologia.
but I have no idea where to start, I want something original and have a few elements of a skillmap shortcuts to the other side so a game of CTF would be challenging.
So I'd like you to help me design the basics of the map.

think about Heights, closed spawns, tunnels, and parkours.

People who helped me with this will have their name (signature) in the map.

how do you help me?
make a few views of the map, like a top view, and a front view.

thanks in advance
[/glow]

Kiwi

Eddie
I'm not really in a good state of mind right now, so unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to provide you with hand drawn or my own created visuals. But I don't care about credit anyways, so I'll describe it to the best of my abilities.

I have in mind a 'red base' and 'blue base,' or in this case 'red stadium' and 'blue stadium.' Not saying they have to be those colors, but maybe they could have a way of identifying them (like how people know where to go with red base and blue base on Town). For stadium design I'm definitely thinking something like this:

A closed off top, and a way of exiting from the ground.

This part I don't know how to describe very well but I'll do my best to explain it thoroughly. Similar to how you have those circular disks that you land on, there will be obstacles like that inbetween stadiums. But to keep CTF in mind, it's gonna be way too hard to catch someone when you're both constantly in mid air. So I was thinking leave those obstacles, but throw in long, flat platforms throughout the map that give the player a chance to actually fight, that way it's not just "stadium, circle, circle, circle, k I win gg."

Scaling the stadium, I'd say half as high as that gray octagon type thing in SuperFlip (going towards the shooting range area, to the left of that big brown wall/fence type thing). Keep the same width.

That's really the best I can give. It doesn't sound realistic, but fuck it. It's a futuristic styled map. And it's only an idea, not a command. That's all I can really think of. If I was good at map making I could probably come up with something better. Hope if this doesn't appeal to you, that it at least helps you branch off into a better idea. Good luck ^^

Kiyde

Skillmap Guru/Last Dragon
Make it impossible to cross to the other side so I can do what I do best and make the impossible possible xDD

Guardian Angel

DRGunZ Guinness Recorder
Okay so here's my idea!
I was thinking of a stadium shape but seperated in lanes. The lanes will be divided by invisible walls ofcourse (looking at you Kiyde).The lanes will be filled with obstacles such as platforms and climbs, pillars, dodges, whatever fits the challenge!
In the middle there's a stage high enough to overview all the lanes to see people fall into oblivion (or not).
I was thinking to cut the lanes open like this to make the people flow into the next inner ring.
Put some of your Mythologia textures over the walls and maybe some digital crowd allongside the outer ring like a gladiator arena to make it feel more like a stadium.
Some floaty stuff and more digital backgrounds in and around the map and this would feel like an amazing stadium!

I could also think up some objects to scale but to save time i just put down my concept.

Last edited:

Veryl

The Little Devil
thank you for the input you guys.
I just started and I have made two things that will be befor the door of a base.
I'll upload videos frequently to give you folks more ideas and to critique it.
don't feel obligated to help me, but help in anyway is much appreciated.

this is a small preview of what you can expect as for the scenery in the stadium.
I just made a tiny animation with flash and photoshop.

[video=youtube;qqOea8IwJBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqOea8IwJBo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I thought I build these two beveled boxes before the red/blue base.
not so sure about the shape those bases will be.
I thought something like castles but that doesn't really fit the futuristic style...

Kiwi

Eddie
I thought I build these two beveled boxes before the red/blue base.
not so sure about the shape those bases will be.
I thought something like castles but that doesn't really fit the futuristic style...
Something like dis pls. Super futuristic

Edit: Nvm I thought you were talking about the stadium shape, not the box shape xD. I think the shape they are now looks fine.

Veryl

The Little Devil
Something like dis pls. Super futuristic

Edit: Nvm I thought you were talking about the stadium shape, not the box shape xD. I think the shape they are now looks fine.
I think I'll make the outer hull looking like that. but their has to be some sort of indoor base either for the red and blue base.
Do you want the bases to be symmetrical? or slightly different. it's most fair for A&D to have symmetrical bases but the map mansion isn't symmetrical aswell.

As for NP's idea. a sniper platform is a great idea but there is a little to many platforms in general. I'll go with the bases top left corner and rightbottom corner. and try to make a diagonal skillmap parkour to connect the top of the bases. I just realised that having a skilmap parkour could lead to spawn killing. so the indoor base has to be complicated to enter.
I'll try to get some inspiration from the maps of Unreal tournament.

EggRoll/Kai

DRGunZ BETA Tester
I'll gladly test it like I did your other ones. They're fun to beat. c:

Famous

Finally Famous
[glow="red"]I'm going to make a stadium in the style of my previous skillmap Mythologia.
but I have no idea where to start, I want something original and have a few elements of a skillmap shortcuts to the other side so a game of CTF would be challenging.
So I'd like you to help me design the basics of the map.

think about Heights, closed spawns, tunnels, and parkours.

People who helped me with this will have their name (signature) in the map.

how do you help me?
make a few views of the map, like a top view, and a front view.

thanks in advance
[/glow]
Ok to design in autocad?

easiest way for me to create the views

Veryl

The Little Devil
Ok to design in autocad?

easiest way for me to create the views
you can use whatever you like. I just said paint because I know a lot of people dont have photoshop or 3D programs to work with..

ot:

the bases are taking shape, I'm keeping them symmetrical but I gotta make a proper collision.

Veryl

The Little Devil
a teambase without proper collision and outer hull.

[video=youtube;RD1fLli9omc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD1fLli9omc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Veryl

The Little Devil
What to do with the roof? I don't want it to be a fighting area so I could just edge it off with the shape of the stadium, or I could add some scenery/more electrical surges.
anyone ideas? :D

I had another idea for the skillmap parkour on higher ground. scattered square fragments to the other base, problem is that its probably gonna be a lot of poly's.
That's not gonna be a problem for GunZ because Gunblade probably will higher the limit of polygons or simply remove the limit.
But it can be a problem for people with not the best PC'S
This is my idea:

Go with it? or focus on reducing lag...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.