Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building a PC

Building a PC

Hey guys, looking to make a big investment into this PC. Im looking for some advice before I actually purchase to see if I can trim something here or there.
    To get an idea for what I'm trying achieve; I want to stream, and have it as smooth as possible. Do some light video editing. Also a little later one down the road dip back into Photoshop and animation. I want to be able to run games as crisp as possible while not breaking the budget I already have set.
    What I'm looking at right now through newegg, my total comes out to be $1530.27, See below

http://imgur.com/a/x0MXj

EDIT: Did some playing around and this is the projected build; https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sJcXGf
    Estimated price: $1408.14
    Last edited by Wyatt; 30-04-2017 at 01:42 AM.

If you're looking to stream, you're going to want the best that you can possibly get for your budget.
    You might as well get an i7 instead of an i5. The price difference isn't that great and it's much better.
    You might want to get more than 550watts on your power supply. Power supplies are very inexpensive, so it shouldn't be too huge of a change.
    The amount of Ram is up to you, I suppose. 8Gigs is the minimum I would suggest, but a lot of people like getting 16gigs to be safe.
    I'm not sure how much Liquid Cooling is, but I would look into that as well, since you're going to be streaming games for several hours.

Hopefully that helps.
    Last edited by Rem; 01-05-2017 at 01:50 AM.
    If you'd like to play with me, you'd better be sure you know the game.

Created by

Horrors

I think you should get a 800 watts power supply. Unless you are going to SLI then you will need a 1000 watts or more. Going a little more on a power supply will give you much more room to upgrade.

EDIT: Oh I didn't see that you already got a 850 watts power supply. Disregard.

@Rem, 8GB should be fine for all around gaming. 16GB is a bit too much and I think it's a waste unless you are doing video editing and other intensive ram usage stuff.
    Last edited by Ram; 30-04-2017 at 06:32 PM.

The one and only
    Last edited by Nickles; 30-04-2017 at 10:43 PM.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur ♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    If you're looking to stream, you're going to want the best that you can possibly get for your budget.
    You might as well get an i7 instead of an i5. The price difference isn't that great and it's much better.
    You might want to get more than 550watts on your power supply. Power supplies are very inexpensive, so it shouldn't be too huge of a change.
    The amount of Ram is up to you, I suppose. 8Gigs is the minimum I would suggest, but a lot of people like getting 16gigs to be safe.
    I'm not sure how much Liquid Cooling is, but I would look into that as well, since you're going to be streaming games for several hours.

Hopefully that helps.
    I ended up jumping my RAM up to 16gigs at 3200, the price jump wasn't all that bad. However the i7 was a little over $100 more, but probably worth it in the long run. With newer released games, etc.
    Personally I'm just not convinced about the liquid cooling is that game-changing, so I'm going to put that on the back-burner until I can see otherwise. I did ramp up the power supply, they are for the most part inexpensive so it was just a good idea to up the watts some more. Thanks for the input and advice Rem & Ram. You too Nickles, I'm just too broke to afford that hunk of power. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    I ended up jumping my RAM up to 16gigs at 3200, the price jump wasn't all that bad. However the i7 was a little over $100 more, but probably worth it in the long run. With newer released games, etc.
    Personally I'm just not convinced about the liquid cooling is that game-changing, so I'm going to put that on the back-burner until I can see otherwise. I did ramp up the power supply, they are for the most part inexpensive so it was just a good idea to up the watts some more. Thanks for the input and advice Rem & Ram. You too Nickles, I'm just too broke to afford that hunk of power. :/
    The liquid cooling isn't absolutely necessary, it's just recommended. As long as your system stays around 30-40 degrees, you should be fine. If it goes any higher than 50, you might want to consider liquid.

Going i7 is definitely worth it, especially since you're going to be streaming AND gaming at the same time, GET A QUAD CORE I7, not Dual Core. There are a lot of people who don't know the difference and just get the dual core because it's cheaper. i5 is more for laptop users who are playing a game and maybe a youtube video.

You also have to consider your camera if you're doing streaming. The Logitech C9XX's are some of the best cameras you can get.

You should probably factor in a microphone as well. Nothing expensive, just something clear.

Created by

Horrors

Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    The Logitech C9XX's are some of the best cameras you can get.

You should probably factor in a microphone as well. Nothing expensive, just something clear.
    Hmm, if the mic isn't for catching the voice alone, but instruments (I've been told that cardioid type work good). Which brand would you reccomend?

Back then I considered Razer because of the colors and such, but I might prefer performance over looks....

Soporte en Español!
    Will miss you, Hospitable Pyro Jack....

Random Chatbox stuff

Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsurugi View Post
    The blonde Spock strikes again!
    You just wait, I'll find something to stab you with every time you post something.
    LOL What a fucking mess
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrors View Post
    f-fuck you wes!

Hmm, if the mic isn't for catching the voice alone, but instruments (I've been told that cardioid type work good). Which brand would you reccomend?

Back then I considered Razer because of the colors and such, but I might prefer performance over looks....
    Mic's with a Cardoid Condenser are perfect for any sort of Home Studio recording.

Created by

Horrors

Honestly... i5 are more for gaming than i7 processors. i7 processor give that push for video editing, graphic art, and etc which takes a lot of CPU usage though if you are streaming you definitely want the i7. It won't be a bad idea to get an i7 but if you are trying to budget yourself go for something that can do the power. The processor I had for the longest time was the 3550K which was a monster of a CPU.
    Last edited by Ram; 01-05-2017 at 05:32 PM.

A bit off-topic but: My Toshiba Titanic i5 - 2012 and still rolling :]

EngiNeo on the job, had to clean it up a few nights ago, it was reaching 90º insta-shutdown temperature while replaying XCOM2, now after cleaning it up it doesn't go over 70º
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

The ultimate "small time" criminal...

Vote for me, USA 2016

Some of my favorite quotes:

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

"There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

"Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

"I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

"Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

"Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

"Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

"It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

"Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

"A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

"The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

"Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

"There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.

Thread Information