Thread: What up DR

nver Guest

What up DR

My name is Adam and I am a disgraced former admin and staff member here.

I used to come on these forums every now and then incognito using this account to post art and catch up with people. I also used to play a little bit ingame with some of my friends when Gunblade's first version of the new DR came out.

I'm writing this post for two reasons. The first is I want to give a shoutout to Gunblade, me and Nate went on DRGunZ a couple weeks ago just to fuck around and I can safely say that the current iteration of DR is the best client DR has seen in a very long time and also likely the best playing gunz server still out right now. It's a shame it will likely never see players but for what its worth you should know that you did an outstanding job.

The second is I was curious as to what everyone is up to these days. Personally I am just entering the workforce doing interactive media and design as well as a little studio art stuff. I also frequently still play GunZ because I still think there's magic in this game.

I also heard that you guys might be giving up on GunZ soon. If thats true I'm sorry to hear that. While I don't think its impossible for you to reclaim a playerbase I do think that the only conceivable methods for attracting players these days are pretty expensive so I guess it makes sense.

The sky mate. The sky is whats up.

Welcome (back) to Daemons Ring! I'm a former support member, and I'll help you out in any way I can if you need it.

Owner
    Neo

Admins
    Horrors
    Mitsurugi
    NOPROBLEM

That's just the people off the top of my head, as I returned to DR not long ago myself, and I'm sure they'll help you out as well if needed.

Enjoy your stay!
    If you'd like to play with me, you'd better be sure you know the game.

Created by

Horrors

well u know life n shit man
    dr always had a pretty dedicated player base, wasn't a bunch of randoms etc
    its all bout nostalgia and good conversation now here
    its like a part of life that's okay to keep venturing into the past for

Quote Originally Posted by Horrors View Post
    Do you intend to play masangsoft's GunZ if it goes international? What do you think happens to pservers if it does?

Good to see ya.

nver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    well u know life n shit man
    dr always had a pretty dedicated player base, wasn't a bunch of randoms etc
    its all bout nostalgia and good conversation now here
    its like a part of life that's okay to keep venturing into the past for
    To this day most of the guys I hang out with online are friends I met here. Every now and then we tend to reminisce ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrors View Post
    Do you intend to play masangsoft's GunZ if it goes international? What do you think happens to pservers if it does?

Good to see ya.
    The funny thing about GunZ is that private servers have evolved and really improved the game since the closing down of IJJI. The most obvious improvement is the implementation of anti-lead, but other changes like new game modes, built in quality of life options (archetypes, fps limiters, lighting engines, camera distance etc) are all welcome changes that have really improved the experience of playing.

Now I know people who have played the beta for masangsoft's new GunZ and its pretty evident that Korea hasn't really payed attention to any gunz related changes outside their borders. All the improvements made to the game by private servers aren't in the new game (yet). So in the state its in, even if it did go international, I personally and likely everyone else I know wouldn't play it (though maybe if they got no-lead that would change).

The reality is though that everyone I know who I still plays is just desperately grasping at the remaining glimpses of competition left on this game. We basically migrate servers until we find one where clans are actively clan warring and thats where we play, regardless of the quality of the server itself (most servers are total shit now). So if masangsoft went international and players actually played it and there were actual cws and stuff than I think me and my group of friends would probably play it even with all its faults.

I think its pretty unlikely though, so I think pservers don't need to be concerned so much with that prospect. I think that pservers will likely just die off regardless though as less and less people play the game. Right now Isreal, Brazil and Korea make up 95% of the remaining playerbase in gunz and with the new Korean server it looks like the number of international players will continue to drop.

Good to see you too

Quote Originally Posted by nver View Post
    The first is I want to give a shoutout to Gunblade, me and Nate went on DRGunZ a couple weeks ago just to fuck around and I can safely say that the current iteration of DR is the best client DR has seen in a very long time and also likely the best playing gunz server still out right now. It's a shame it will likely never see players but for what its worth you should know that you did an outstanding job.
    Thanks, I appreciate that

Hello.

Your presence here was something known, told by the same people you've asked not to tell me, it's just that I don't care anymore.

I was also aware because most people trust me, rather than you, after all:

You have accused me of a very severe crime that obviously never happened anywhere else except for your own mind. So due to the above, along with a whole bunch of slandering and hatred you threw against me and my people for no reason, you should already be aware that you need an unban request to remain here after you've made your identity public.

So either make an unban request, or leave; either way, I don't really care, it's just standard procedure - if others did this, then you're obliged to do so as well - rules apply to everyone around here.

Lastly, whenever you want to thank someone for anything, make sure that you thank ALL the people who were involved, and not just one person; that is highly disrespectful, because you should be thanking Gunblade and all the developers that worked with him.

Thanks.
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

The ultimate "small time" criminal...

Vote for me, USA 2016

Some of my favorite quotes:

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

"There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

"Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

"I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

"Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

"Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

"Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

"It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

"Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

"A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

"The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

"Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

"There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.

Thread Information