Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ideology ≠ Personhood

That title was quite annoying.
    I understand your point NP, but considering what you've said in this thread, I have the feeling you haven't embraced a faith before.
    When one does, in most of them you adopt a moral set that changes one's point of view about life, therefore, when you say that religion = ideology, you're partially right, which explains why you don't understand how Muslims or any other religion feels offended by your words either being making it sound like a waste of time/nonsense or even doubt the essence of their faith as you once did with somebody who being gay was also Catholic. What would you say to me if I told you I adopted Classical Dheism 10 years ago?

Soporte en Espaol!
    Will miss you, Hospitable Pyro Jack....

Random Chatbox stuff

Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsurugi View Post
    The blonde Spock strikes again!
    You just wait, I'll find something to stab you with every time you post something.
    LOL What a fucking mess
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrors View Post
    f-fuck you wes!

You don't need to respect any religion, old friend. However, as a member of this community, as a staff member, and according to our rules, you shouldn't make other members feel uncomfortable by insulting their personal choices.

Besides, this matter falls under rule #2; and by analogy, under rule #3 of our Rules of Conduct.

There is no argument against breaking our rules; with freedom of speech, comes respect and responsibility.
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

The ultimate "small time" criminal...

Vote for me, USA 2016

Some of my favorite quotes:

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

"There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

"Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

"I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

"Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

"Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

"Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

"It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

"Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

"A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

"The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

"Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

"There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.

NOPROBLEM Guest
    That title was quite annoying.
    I understand your point NP, but considering what you've said in this thread, I have the feeling you haven't embraced a faith before.
    When one does, in most of them you adopt a moral set that changes one's point of view about life, therefore, when you say that religion = ideology, you're partially right, which explains why you don't understand how Muslims or any other religion feels offended by your words either being making it sound like a waste of time/nonsense or even doubt the essence of their faith as you once did with somebody who being gay was also Catholic. What would you say to me if I told you I adopted Classical Dheism 10 years ago?
    You have every right to think classical deism isn't ridiculous (it is) because I don't infringe on the rights of individuals to believe what they want. Damage can believe whatever he wants. But when you try to use your right to believe what you can fundamentally believe as a human right, to take away my right to call it ridiculous, you are the one infringing on my rights. Being offended isn't an excuse. If it were, then no one would have the right to believe anything.

Not taking away any of your rights np. Your right you do h have the right to say your opinion and non of this would've happend if you said I find islam islam ridiculous but you said fuck Allah to me theres a big difference.
    Anyway i also said some things i should'nt have said. We all make mistakes. Sorry comrade
    Last edited by Damage; 13-11-2015 at 06:35 AM.

Changes

NOPROBLEM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Not taken away your right np. Your right you do haar the right to say your opinion and no way all of this happend if you said i Find islam islam ridiculous but you said fuck allah to me theres a big difference as if you dont know
    It's the same thing. The language may be less severe but the message is the same. To me, the message or meaning behind words are all that matter. I get the feeling that you are jumping to defend your god because you think that is what you are supposed to do, when at the same time you believe that allah is all powerful and will sentence me to my fate himself. If that is true, why would be need you to be his warrior? It's almost like you don't even need a reason to be offended because your beliefs solve the problem for you. Let's not forget that your belief is essentially inherently saying "fuck you" to me to a far greater extent anyway for which I am not offended. Part of the problem with religions is it's always a one way road with them, you cannot insult them but they can insult you all day and if your religion is in a minority, people act like they are a protected class that cannot be questioned, let alone insulted. I stand by what I said, I stand by your right to believe what you want and I still welcome you to remain here as long as you like as well as discuss your beliefs all you want, but when you change that into a personal attack (like calling my mother a slut) then you are no longer practicing free speech but are committing libel.

Quote Originally Posted by NOPROBLEM View Post
    It's the same thing. The language may be less severe but the message is the same. To me, the message or meaning behind words are all that matter. I get the feeling that you are jumping to defend your god because you think that is what you are supposed to do, when at the same time you believe that allah is all powerful and will sentence me to my fate himself. If that is true, why would be need you to be his warrior? It's almost like you don't even need a reason to be offended because your beliefs solve the problem for you. Let's not forget that your belief is essentially inherently saying "fuck you" to me to a far greater extent anyway for which I am not offended. Part of the problem with religions is it's always a one way road with them, you cannot insult them but they can insult you all day and if your religion is in a minority, people act like they are a protected class that cannot be questioned, let alone insulted. I stand by what I said, I stand by your right to believe what you want and I still welcome you to remain here as long as you like as well as discuss your beliefs all you want, but when you change that into a personal attack (like calling my mother a slut) then you are no longer practicing free speech but are committing libel.
    I've never insulted your mother, it was just a example. Anyway i really want to respond to this but we both already made our points. No need to continue this.

Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    No need to continue this.
    Agreed.

Threads like this one cannot exist within our forums. That's why, in the past, we have all informally agreed to avoid any kind of religious debates - it is an extremely sensitive matter, in which an individual loses his temper very easily.

A majority of the staff team, including myself, wants this matter terminated. I would simply 'lock' this thread, but staff members could still post on it; therefore, I will move this thread to the trash section, putting an end to this quarrel.

I personally apologize for any inconvenience or offense that might have been caused by this topic.

Thank you for your attention.
    Last edited by NOPROBLEM; 06-12-2015 at 04:30 PM. Reason: I made too many good points and put to much effort into this thread for it to be trashed, I'm quietly moving it back to debat
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

The ultimate "small time" criminal...

Vote for me, USA 2016

Some of my favorite quotes:

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

"There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

"Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

"I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

"Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

"Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

"Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

"It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

"Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

"A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

"The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

"Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

"There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.

Thread Information