Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Community Update October 2015] This is it guys!

Hundreds of people have been saying that Gunz is already dead for nearly 5/6 years now, yet, in reality, there are still several populated pservers, with 200 or 300 daily players.

The game is considered old yes, that is undeniable; there was also a notable and obvious decrease on the global player count. But there's also the fact that nowadays anyone can make a Gunz server, since everything needed is on Ragezone, so a lot of players scattered into dozens of small pservers and/or made their own pserver.

Now, what chance do we have?

Well, first of all, we are the oldest Gunz pserver that's still online, becoming 9 years old this next month of November, meaning that we have a legacy that is respected and known throughout the Gunz pserver world.

Second, we have 350+ active members on the forums, which means that 350+ registered members check our forums for news on a monthly basis; most likely looking for updates on DRGunZ.

Third, on our previous DRGunZ release, we instantly gained a stable count of 45~50 players without any kind of advertisement outside our network (a player count that was sadly lost due to a dreadful balancing patch).

This time, we intend to advertise outside DR, we have learned from our mistakes, and we're preparing what might just be the very best DRGunZ version that was ever released.

So who knows how many players we'll get. All I know is that, if we manage to get those 45~50 once more, we would all be extremely happy.

Anyway, as I've said before, no matter what happens, the Daemons Ring community will just keep on living. If DRGunZ succeeds, we'll keep hosting it, updating it, and possibly host more games once it becomes stable. If DRGunZ does not succeed, then we'll just move on to other games.

What's most important here, is that most of us are doing our best. Therefore we all appreciate the community's support ;]
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

The ultimate "small time" criminal...

Vote for me, USA 2016

Some of my favorite quotes:

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

"There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

"Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

"I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

"Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

"Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

"Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

"It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

"Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

"A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

"The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

"Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

"There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.

NOPROBLEM Guest
    It really is baffling how many people check the forums every day that say nothing in the chat and post nothing. Speak up people.

Quote Originally Posted by NOPROBLEM View Post
    It really is baffling how many people check the forums every day that say nothing in the chat and post nothing. Speak up people.
    Well, let's say that poor old DR went through a major depression for several months. Only now he's starting to overcome it, and getting back on his feet ;]
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

Vote for me, USA 2016

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

"Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

"It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

"Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

Got on couple days ago. I Nostalgia'd for a couple hours.
    Can't wait for full scale DMs
    (`._.(`._.(`._. S L A A A Y ._.)._.)._.)

#StaySour
    #IPromised
    #o0k

I'll get on when I can, hopefully we can get the numbers up.

AKA Aurora or AuroraUK on other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Koron View Post
    I'll get on when I can, hopefully we can get the numbers up.
    bring all the oldgens from gzf that are lookin from a place to chill at

Quote Originally Posted by Dagz View Post
    bring all the oldgens from gzf that are lookin from a place to chill at
    fun fact: you were 8 years old when the oldgens were playing

+ i really doubt any oldgen would come back to gunz just to chill, life is way harder then it looks time is valuable, any adult who has a job and a family doesn't have time for gunz.

I'm an oldgen. I miss playing DRGunZ back in the days. I remember Mackintosh playing.

trust an believe....I'm looking to buy a laptop, one of the main reasons is to get back online here....yeah this game might be old, yeah people these days just don't know the majesty of glitching masterfully to a 300-12 kdr in a massive dm or shredding through the competition in a team glad match....hell, even the antics of Stairway gladiator...(god those skill-less flipkiddies) I say so what if this game is old...I've yet to see another game like GunZ, somebody did it right, and to this day I regard this as one of the most entertaining games to me, not merely because of the fast paced bloodlust, but the ability to just hang around and chat ingame....even in match, should you find a way. I want DRGunZ back, it was one of my two favorite communities of all time. DR and LG, but I have more experiences with DR. Neo, if I do get a laptop, I can promise you, even with college I will find a way and you will be seeing me again, as many of you intimately meet your end on the edge of my blade <3.

Of the memories past, only the scars remain.
    Yet as the scabs struggle to heal over, the true meaning behind purpose, are the ideals of those left to fight.

~Former Queen of BF, STR|KE member, Honorary Cops Lieutenant, and Proud Clockwork cog

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    fun fact: you were 8 years old when the oldgens were playing

+ i really doubt any oldgen would come back to gunz just to chill, life is way harder then it looks time is valuable, any adult who has a job and a family doesn't have time for gunz.
    Nowadays, the gaming culture has expanded in a massive way, to all ages and ways of living. There are literally thousands of married couples, with kids and full-time jobs, who actually play on a daily basis MMO's like WoW, SWTOR, GW2, etc... Among other types of games, of course. I even met on the Total War forums, a 60+ year old man, with grandchildren, who loved playing Total War games because he was an historian all his life.

For example, in my case, I lived together with a woman for 4 years, and also had a job, but I've always had time for everything. Usually, at night, I would spend 'quality time' with her until she fell asleep, then I would enter the gaming world 1/2/3 hours until I fell asleep myself.

As long as you know how to properly schedule your life, you can have time for everything.

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

Vote for me, USA 2016

Thread Information