Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII G-Bike

Final Fantasy VII G-Bike

Ahoy, thought I'd share this with you guys, since I was lucky enough that my parents offered me an Android tablet on X-Mas.

Since I currently don't have a job, and lost my SWTOR sub a long long time ago, this has been basically the only game that I've been playing..

This is Final Fantasy VII G-Bike, based on the mini-game of the original Final Fantasy VII RPG from Squaresoft (currently Square Enix), released in 1997; you play this mini-game while leaving the city of Midgar, as part of the game; and then optionally, at the Gold Saucer.

Finally took a few moments to take some screenshots of my progress.

The Home screen:

My mission progress:

My swords:

My Bikes:

My Materia:

Needless to say that, I'm really enjoying this, I feel like I'm 'sweet sixteen' all over again, just like when I've played the original Final Fantasy VII.

It's kinda hard to take screenshots of the missions, since they are pretty fast and intense, but there are already dozens of videos of the gameplay itself on Youtube, so feel free to check them all out.

The game is 100% free, and it's currently available in Japanese for Android and iDevices.

If you want to play the game on Android, it's quite easy, just download this app:
    http://apk.qoo-app.com/qoohelper/latest --- This is the official download link from the QooApp page, it's a safe link.
    Install the App, then just search for the game, and/or other Final Fantasy games, and you'll be able to play them. But only the free ones, of course, like *FF Record Keeper* or *FF Agito*, as examples; but they're all in Japanese as well.

I've also started to play FF4: After Years, but I torrented it

If you want to play the game on an iDevice, you need to create a new Apple ID account, and set your region to Japan, but since I don't own any iAnything, I can't really be sure on how to guide anyone... But google has a few good tutorials on how to get there.

Despite being in Japanese, the game is extremely intuitive, and erm, to be honest, I have so many ingame money, because only today I've figured out how to get new swords and new bikes, so I've spent weeks just grinding and grinding :]

Then there's the premium coins, that appear as crystals, that you have to buy with real money, which I have 0 atm...lol. But Square Enix has been giving a lot lately, since to start the game, you need to be connected to its server; and since the server was down for nearly 2 days last week, then SE offered 300 premium crystals to everyone.

Also, as some other free games, it works based on energy - that "GS bar" - that you can see on the screenshots, which you can restore with premium crystals, or just wait for it to refill.

Bottom line, it's a great game! It kinda remembers me of FF: Dissidias, since that was a fighting game with a lot of RPG elements; and this is a racing game, that also circles around a lot of RPG features.

Since FFVII: Crisis Core was released back in 2007 (Japan) and 2008 (World), this is the latest installment on the FF7 compilation, in which new content was actually made!

One of Square Enix's head developers stated that this game actually opened the door for an FF7 remake, and that such remake will depend on this G-Bike game's success... But as most people who know me, already know, I never wanted a remake of my all time favorite game, what I do want, is a true "FF7-2 RPG" sequel, that will finish the game; picking up on the major cliffhanger that FF7: Dirge of Cerberus left, where one of the FF7: Crisis Core antagonists, Genesis, is seen holding Weiss, who was another villain from FF7: Dirge of Ceberus (which is set 3 years after the original game.)

I hope someone actually gets to play this, because it's really a great game. I just hope that when the English version is released, that my savegame will be compatible, since I haven't been able to determine if the game saves on the device it's played on, or on the game's servers..

Have fun!

PS: I have attached the QooApp.zip file, since that link not always works, I've just tried it, and it game me a "page not available", but as I refreshed, it automatically started the download -.-
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

The ultimate "small time" criminal...

Vote for me, USA 2016

Some of my favorite quotes:

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

"There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

"Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

"I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

"Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

"Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

"Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

"It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

"Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

"A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

"The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

"Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

"There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.

Looks pretty sweet. A shame I don't have a tablet. Haha.
    I'll look into it one day.
    Daemon's Rebirth: From Ashes to Glory
    DRGunZ GM Administrator - Loved by few, remembered by many.
    Never forgive, never forget, sieg heil das Führerheim

Reach me at: Private Messaging

Damn. It got no version for iPad tablets... *Facedesk*
    You already earned my respect. Remember, it will only take a second to destroy the respect. Respect me and I will respect you. Disrespect me and I'll just ditch you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    Looks pretty sweet. A shame I don't have a tablet. Haha.
    I'll look into it one day.
    A smartphone should be enough, an iPhone, or a Samsung that runs with an Android OS, as examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Juichi View Post
    Damn. It got no version for iPad tablets... *Facedesk*
    Well, currently there's no version for Android outside of Japan either, but there are ways to work around that, hence why I used QooApp.

As I've posted, you can create an Apple ID Account with the region set to Japan, and then the game will be available of iTunes here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/fina...900316991?mt=8

OR, you can also jailbreak your iDevice, and then install AppCake or AppAddict, both in which you can also find the game, just like in Android's QooApp.
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

Vote for me, USA 2016

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

"Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

"It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

"Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

Don't have any of those either. Literally just got a job, so that's gonna be a while. lol.
    Daemon's Rebirth: From Ashes to Glory
    DRGunZ GM Administrator - Loved by few, remembered by many.
    Never forgive, never forget, sieg heil das Führerheim

Reach me at: Private Messaging

NOPROBLEM Guest
    My favorite Android games are Auralux and Great Big War Game.

u use ingame translator? or just take some screenshots and post it on a language learning forum or on Yahoo Answers.

Somebody will do it quick and they'll obviously enjoy it cause it improves their skills.

Quote Originally Posted by supp View Post
    u use ingame translator? or just take some screenshots and post it on a language learning forum or on Yahoo Answers.

Somebody will do it quick and they'll obviously enjoy it cause it improves their skills.
    Someone took the time to translate FF Type-0, which has recently been released for the PS4, with a FFXV demo.

In a couple of months, the English version of G-Bike should be out there though.

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

Vote for me, USA 2016

Nooo, don't want English. Enjoy finding translations.

Quote Originally Posted by supp View Post
    Nooo, don't want English. Enjoy finding translations.

I've only been using Chrome's translator to check what's going on at the Square Enix's website. But I'll try a few then :] Thanks for the tip!

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

Vote for me, USA 2016

Thread Information