Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Internalize the Error, the Customer is "Never Wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty View Post
    it's a non-profit organization.
    That is 100% correct, when this community followed me after the retardness of the other guy, and when we've opened these forums, the first thing I've done was actually registering DR as a non-profit company, so there wouldn't be any kind of issues with the donations.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty View Post
    As i said above, It's not about rolie polie kolie. It's about the seed that was planted and the roots that held what came here together. To your points I fully agree.
    It is not 612 members that bother me, it's the 3-4 players online that does. I've known this already as well. It's not the community it's the in-game activity, I failed to clarify this in my first post but It was my main point. Still is, A community that doesn't have nothing to look forward to no matter how many hits, registries, members it has it's dwindling, until a new patch comes out. (hmmm, reminds me of the past.) Now, what if the patch doesn't preform as intended, then what? back to the drawing board, correct? But what of the players till then? Same story, different cover? I'm not knocking DR and the developers. I'm just inputting what has been repeated over and over. Get it right or share the same results of the today.
    As for the past, it wasn't my fault, nor TJ's fault, not Pro-Styler's fault, nor anyone's fault, that the other guy only remember that DR existed when he needed money for real life, since at one point, he was the only one who could update the server... Most patches and updates were delayed because he didn't care about DR. While nowadays, most updates are delayed because the staff teams end up losing motivation because of some community members. Not saying that's your fault necessarily, just pointing that out.

Most of our players already play other Gunz servers, which is understandable, but we still have the possibility of succeeding with Gunz, because it's a game that is far from being dead. Besides, all the other servers out there, don't really have anything new to offer, it's more of the same bullshit over and over again with minor modifications that most people couldn't care less.

What always made DR special was the community, both staff and players, and the way that we are all united. We all have a bond that nearly no other server has, because on other servers, it's all about butt buddies licking their butts to eachother, but here we don't have that; despite the other guy's abuse, we've always managed to keep things as clear and transparent as they can get.

I apologize for being belligerent towards you, but we need support above everything, we don't need people to tell us that DR is in the gutter right now, because we already now that :] However, some staff members still strive and fight for a better day!
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

The ultimate "small time" criminal...

Vote for me, USA 2016

Some of my favorite quotes:

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

"There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

"Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

"I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

"Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

"Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

"Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

"It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

"Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

"A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

"The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

"Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

"There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.

I'm probably gonna get flamed at for this, but this is just my opinion after all. And before I do get flamed at, just know my intentions are NOT to bash DR and try to bring it down. Don't take any of this the wrong way at all. I want to see DR grow and succeed just as much, if not MORE than the next person. If I didn't give a shit, I wouldn't be taking the time to write all of this out. Anyway, I know people are coming down pretty hard on the pessimism in this thread, but if DR wants REAL support, you can't just tune out the pessimism and focus on all positive motivation. Some of these "pessimistic" viewpoints bring up some good, solid points, despite how tough they may be to swallow.

This server has one of the best clients out there as of right now (compared to many of the others that I've played on). The quality of our content isn't the issue at all. I've invited plenty of friends, and this server is like heaven to them. It's exactly the type of balance they're looking for. But those players don't stay long. The issue is, obviously, the player count and the people. I know, I know, the redundant statement has been thrown in your face multiple times. But here's why I see an issue with the player count. The main issue I see with the player count is that (in my opinion) if you want to be able to stay in this community, you need to behave a certain way. The way I see it, if your maturity level isn't up to a certain par, you're just gonna get infracted, banned, and eventually shunned from the community. Now yeah, immaturity can be annoying as fuck, but those immature personalities are usually what fuel activity. Those are the type of people who make the game interesting. Those are the type of people whose annoying spoken words irritate you enough to motivate you to get more skilled, so you can come back, fucking kick their ass and rub it in their face. Look at how other servers are, hell, even look at how DR used to be. Our community wasn't full of these mature, self-controlled individuals like our community is today. Those individuals existed yeah, but we mostly had a bunch of immature, arrogant cocky bastards, better known as "kiddies." Once again, in my opinion, that's just the type of community that GunZ attracts, hence why other servers have a high player count predominantly full of immature players. That's just what makes GunZ fun for the vast majority of people. Sure, it would be nice to have a big, active community full of mature, respectful, self-controlled individuals, but how many gems are there out there who are like that ? Looking at the GunZ community as a whole from all different servers, not very many. Sure, you could attract some new players who are like that, but not very many new players come to GunZ. A majority of the players who come to private servers used to play IJJI or come from other private servers. Finding someone who's mature and brand new to the game would be very rare, and most likely won't do much for player count.

To wrap it up, the content of this server is outstanding. Far better than a majority of the other servers out there. Yeah there's room for improvement still, but the quality of our content shouldn't be emphasized right now. Right now what needs to be emphasized is players. But, once again, in my opinion (stressing the IMOs just so I don't get bitched at, since I know my opinions can spark controversy lol), I see that DR typically only accepts mature, self-controlled individuals. If you set limits, you also limit the number of people, no matter what the circumstances are. As odd as this sounds, and as painful as this may be for some of you to think about, I say give the immaturity a chance. You can still maintain control with some immaturity here and there.

Once again, this is just how I see things. I am not in any way, shape or form trying to define or label DR. This is all just my opinion.

[K]illaaa/Kiwi
    "Magnum 'till we gaggin' 'em."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I'm probably gonna get flamed at for this, but this is just my opinion after all. And before I do get flamed at, just know my intentions are NOT to bash DR and try to bring it down. Don't take any of this the wrong way at all. I want to see DR grow and succeed just as much, if not MORE than the next person. If I didn't give a shit, I wouldn't be taking the time to write all of this out. Anyway, I know people are coming down pretty hard on the pessimism in this thread, but if DR wants REAL support, you can't just tune out the pessimism and focus on all positive motivation. Some of these "pessimistic" viewpoints bring up some good, solid points, despite how tough they may be to swallow.

This server has one of the best clients out there as of right now (compared to many of the others that I've played on). The quality of our content isn't the issue at all. I've invited plenty of friends, and this server is like heaven to them. It's exactly the type of balance they're looking for. But those players don't stay long. The issue is, obviously, the player count and the people. I know, I know, the redundant statement has been thrown in your face multiple times. But here's why I see an issue with the player count. The main issue I see with the player count is that (in my opinion) if you want to be able to stay in this community, you need to behave a certain way. The way I see it, if your maturity level isn't up to a certain par, you're just gonna get infracted, banned, and eventually shunned from the community. Now yeah, immaturity can be annoying as fuck, but those immature personalities are usually what fuel activity. Those are the type of people who make the game interesting. Those are the type of people whose annoying spoken words irritate you enough to motivate you to get more skilled, so you can come back, fucking kick their ass and rub it in their face. Look at how other servers are, hell, even look at how DR used to be. Our community wasn't full of these mature, self-controlled individuals like our community is today. Those individuals existed yeah, but we mostly had a bunch of immature, arrogant cocky bastards, better known as "kiddies." Once again, in my opinion, that's just the type of community that GunZ attracts, hence why other servers have a high player count predominantly full of immature players. That's just what makes GunZ fun for the vast majority of people. Sure, it would be nice to have a big, active community full of mature, respectful, self-controlled individuals, but how many gems are there out there who are like that ? Looking at the GunZ community as a whole from all different servers, not very many. Sure, you could attract some new players who are like that, but not very many new players come to GunZ. A majority of the players who come to private servers used to play IJJI or come from other private servers. Finding someone who's mature and brand new to the game would be very rare, and most likely won't do much for player count.

To wrap it up, the content of this server is outstanding. Far better than a majority of the other servers out there. Yeah there's room for improvement still, but the quality of our content shouldn't be emphasized right now. Right now what needs to be emphasized is players. But, once again, in my opinion (stressing the IMOs just so I don't get bitched at, since I know my opinions can spark controversy lol), I see that DR typically only accepts mature, self-controlled individuals. If you set limits, you also limit the number of people, no matter what the circumstances are. As odd as this sounds, and as painful as this may be for some of you to think about, I say give the immaturity a chance. You can still maintain control with some immaturity here and there.

Once again, this is just how I see things. I am not in any way, shape or form trying to define or label DR. This is all just my opinion.
    Give the staff team a better chance. I was online when a new (infact old) "kiddie" as you put it showed up. It was funny because all we were was nice to that person and they originally got into it with their own pessimism that I simply denounced. We went back to playing and then it randomly came up again and I was wondering what it was for? It was pure immaturity and staff noticed at the same time. That person simply had to apologize at first in person and then on the forums.

I'm not sending you away, but there are other servers with immature populations as you pointed out and if you or they like their kiddie populated servers they can go there.

As for Beauty, I know you did some good stuff in the past, but even Neo just disagreed with your current standpoint on DRGunZ. It was just wrong. Pessimism is a bleak outlook and sure it comes from something more actual and understandable. Pessimistic people however obscure bad points into "no hope". That is the mistake you and Kiwi (well not really Kiwi) just made.

Kiwi, quality over quanity.
    Beauty, patience is a virtue.
    Neo, GG.

The points that you are trying to name as "tough to swallow", were based on an unrealistic perspective about this community, that's why most of those points were easily shot down. If anyone points out our flaws, in a realistic, objective, and truthful manner, like i.e. Aneila did, then those points are gladly and easily "swallowed".

Actually, you're wrong, again. It's not about our rule enforcement, players went away because we messed up on a balancing patch; and they do not stick around because nearly everything that they can do here, they can do on other servers. Other servers in which, they already have dozens of donator items, along with high level characters.

We have a rule system, which has nothing to do with the maturity, or lack of it, from the community members.

A person can be immature, and still follow our rules, therefore, your point about maturity doesn't make any kind of sense.

And, in reality, we have been far too lenient towards our members...lol...Because if this was in old DR, then several individuals around here would have been banned a long long long time ago.

Other servers have higher player count because they allow everything for the sake of individual profit, and for the sake of their player count.

We will not sacrifice the integrity of this network for the sake of numbers. Because, as I've mentioned before, we've managed to achieve a 50 player count without any kind of external advertisements. And they were 50 nice players, both mature and immature players, who respected eachother.

I will reiterate, our lack of Gunz players has nothing to do with maturity, and much less with rule enforcement; it is directly related to development mishaps, or more concretely, development "fuck-ups"; and also, due to the lack of motivation of most of our staff.

To be even more precise, I will give you two simple examples:

Immature player: OMG u were pwned, trolololololololololololololol. - Acceptable, perfectly normal online behavior.
    Disrespectful player: Eat this you mother f***** p****, and go f*** your mother, lick your daddy's a**. - Not acceptable, most players don't want to go through this.

You are mistaking respect with maturity, when they are two completely different things.

As a final note, that "I'm probably gonna get flamed" remark was completely unnecessary; you do not get flamed if you voice your opinion in an respectful manner, and even if you get flamed, then rules will be applied to whoever flames you.

Nevertheless, thank you for your input.
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

The ultimate "small time" criminal...

Vote for me, USA 2016

Some of my favorite quotes:

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

"There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

"Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

"I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

"Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

"Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

"Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

"It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

"Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

"A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

"The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

"Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

"There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.

so what you're basically saying is that people who are immature idiots are infracted and ban if i'm wrong you are welcome call me a dumbass or an idiot, but this can't be far from the truth i'm probably one of the immature people in this server and i never got yelled at or got in trouble plus if player count low well tell your friends about this http://daemonsring.com/forum/showthr...our-DM-is-back thanks for your opinion and tell your friends to tell their friend and to tell theirs friend so on and so forth

Thread Information