View Poll Results: What game would you like us to host?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maplestory

15 38.46%
  • Tales Runner

13 33.33%
  • Other (Please provide an explanation)

11 28.21%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [POLL] DR'S NEXT GAME

[POLL] DR'S NEXT GAME

Hey guys,

This is a poll about what game you would like to see come to DR. Currently, Tales Runner and Maplestory are our two main candidates for development. As always we're polling this for the community to decide. You may also suggest other plausible games along with a good explanation as to why it would be a good fit for DR; don't just vote "Other" and say the name of a game. Original thread: http://daemonsring.com/forum/showthr...ng-games-to-DR

Some points to consider:
    -Tales Runner could be risky to host but has been very successful in the past here.
    -Maplestory is less of a risk, and we have old returning MS staff members. All we really need is a dev team.
    -Remember, we want to get a good stable player base going. Consider this when voting. What game would bring us those numbers and sustain them?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Eden; 05-09-2014 at 04:28 AM.
    Contact me:
    Private Message | Visitor Message
    Want my Skype? Message me here.
    >implying I ever get on

I honestly say it's best to play our cards right and run a Maplestory server. The files are easily obtained and changed because there are much more people that know how to do this, the server we'd host it on seems like it would definitely be stable enough for it, and it would easily bring in a player base if done right - that way when we do collect the resources and people needed for TR, we can launch that next into an already somewhat growing player base.

Short and sweet, if you want to get players quickly, do something you can accomplish quickly that appeals to easier to grab audiences.
    Last edited by Nibelheim; 05-09-2014 at 06:10 AM.
    Daemon's Rebirth: From Ashes to Glory
    DRGunZ GM Administrator - Loved by few, remembered by many.
    Never forgive, never forget, sieg heil das Führerheim

Reach me at: Private Messaging

Just to point out some things for those voting:

Maplestory is highly saturated with private servers already, making it far more difficult to create a server that will appeal to potential players.
    Talesrunner on the other hand is far more difficult to set up and as such there are very few private servers, if any.

There is quite a large player base involved with both games (Maplestory obviously having the larger population due to it being a mainstream game) though if you take into account the ratio of players to servers, there will be far more people flocking to a Talesrunner server because there is no competition.

I see Maplestory as being the higher risk option here rather than Talesrunner being so because there is a higher possibility the server will fail alongside the many other new servers.

Just food for thought.

Totally agree on what slyhand said, if you really want to start a server where people will go to you will need a very well updated server to compete.
    That quite means latest bosses, gear, cash shop and classes.
    If thats going to be impossible the server is going to bring in way less potential players then expected.

My vote also goes to Talesrunner

Made by Umi

It was the day the sun's ray had turned pale with pity for the suffering of his Maker
    when I was caught, and I put up no fight, my lady, for your lovely eyes had bound me.

Indeed, both have their risks but something like a cease and desist would be out of our hands.
    I voted MS because I think it would benefit us more in the long run as far as stability goes. I'm positive we can put forth a quality server.
    Contact me:
    Private Message | Visitor Message
    Want my Skype? Message me here.
    >implying I ever get on

I'd play ms ;p
    all in one shop please.
    rebirth system please.
    1b gold for 10k nx please.
    fm boss rooms please.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCARY NEO View Post
    Add skillmaps please.

Daemons Ring Dragon Nest

Fast paced action/rpg, with 4 original classes expanding them to 7 with newer updates. The game was that succesful that there's already a sequel in process while the first one continues to be updated, the game itself is based in combos, which can be made endless depending of the tactic.
    PvP mode that has settings to enable or disable equipment stats so the fights are based either on equipment+skill or just skill.

And a lot more.....!

Including:
    Some mounts that can glide.
    Pets, not perm, but their life can be extended continuedly.....
    Friendship with npc's
    Costumes besides equipment.
    A lot of shiny stuff...?
    The game has quick introductions for almost everything.
    Fishing, cooking, etc.
    Interesting story that relates all the playable characters.
    Dragons that turn into human figures (they are all big and some are allies of the player).

<Edit> There's no EU server, meaning that those players and South Americans use the SEA server (Philipines).
    US/Can/AUS players can only use Nexon's

Soporte en Espaņol!
    Will miss you, Hospitable Pyro Jack....

Random Chatbox stuff

Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsurugi View Post
    The blonde Spock strikes again!
    You just wait, I'll find something to stab you with every time you post something.
    LOL What a fucking mess
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrors View Post
    f-fuck you wes!

Black Desert private server might be a nice idea. Theres no US or EU server yet, before they come out, we could gain attention from Players who are waiting for it, Server files are available. Its very performance demanding game, though.
    Last edited by Madao; 06-09-2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Pointless Edit.

You know this is not gonna work? The GunZ server hasen't improved at all since the release, and you're like well shit, we got no players? lets make a different game because that will work just like the other 30 times we did that and it didnt work. I've been around for 4 years and I can't even count the amount of times I've seen a thread like this even though the GunZ should be the one being focused on. But yeah back to the point this is not gonna work at all and will just become another game with no players on it, which is the truth and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agecaner View Post
    You know this is not gonna work? The GunZ server hasen't improved at all since the release, and you're like well shit, we got no players? lets make a different game because that will work just like the other 30 times we did that and it didnt work. I've been around for 4 years and I can't even count the amount of times I've seen a thread like this even though the GunZ should be the one being focused on. But yeah back to the point this is not gonna work at all and will just become another game with no players on it, which is the truth and you know it.
    Hmmmmm...... Wasn't expecting this kind of post so soon.
    So what's the point of it? What do you want to get with your post? All you're getting is that this kind of threads appear less often since others will probably use it as their chance to vent w.e. frustration they are having. Help or don't get in the way.

Soporte en Espaņol!
    Will miss you, Hospitable Pyro Jack....

Random Chatbox stuff

Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    The blonde Spock strikes again!
    You just wait, I'll find something to stab you with every time you post something.
    LOL What a fucking mess
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrors View Post
    f-fuck you wes!

Thread Information