Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Community Update May 2014

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,371

    Community Update May 2014

    Hello everyone.

    As usual, it has been a while since I've posted an update about everything happening around Daemons Ring. I have figured that this is actually a good opportunity to inform everyone about our current situation; given an incredible progress rate, and also, to clarify a few matters once more.

    I will start by saying that DRGunz is not just a myth or an illusion any longer, it is, in fact, closer than it ever was to its full release. I know we have said this one too many times, but, we've had a lot of setbacks along the way, along with the fact that we are all volunteers, and also, that we are highly selective, those among us are only those who truly have noble principles and good morals. We are not here for our own self achievement, neither we masquerade ourselves into something that we are not - we have always been 100% transparent with the whole community regarding everything. Much less, will we ever hold any kind of profit from DR, because as everyone knows, Gunblade suggested long ago that if we ever had any kind of profit, we would be making periodical donations to charity and/or medical research associations. And this, my friends, this is not mere blabbering to impress any of you. Warez-bb, for example, also make donations to noble causes, and they show evidence of their donations, which is something we shall do as well. Unlike in the past, this will be done, there is no unjust enrichment under our ownership.
    We all know what we are doing, not just myself, the rest of the staff team, but also every single one of you! We all uphold the same moral standards that DR is used to, that have been properly granted and earned over the years. Everything we have achieved over the past 8 years was a common effort, a family effort, everyone is to be congratulated!

    Getting down to business, we already have a proper server setup and ready, as in the server itself, not the DRGunz server yet. During this weekend, I have been making myself useful by providing Gunblade with information from the forum's database, as he is developing a tool that will enable several DRGunz ingame functions directly the forums, including your login account; we will also, and most likely, have an ingame donator shop. I will not share anymore details, since I will leave that to Gunblade's criteria.

    Regarding other games, DR's Minecraft is visibly closed, and, Pokemonium also closed; Zeak is now hosting Legends of Kanta, further information about this new game will be posted on the proper section. But this, as some may have said, is not an 'excuse to say that DR is alive'. No, in the current days, we are able to affiliate ourselves with other developers/hosts without any issues related to donations; under our ownership, whoever decides to join us will have their own donation system, as they are entitled to. However, everyone needs to keep in mind that our main game since 2006 has been Gunz, a lot of people say that Gunz is dead...I's not dead, there is still a large player base scattered through the Gunz psever scene. Along with a lot of programming/modding possibilities that Gunblade has in stock for our DRGunz release. We also plan on hosting Tales Runner one day, but I really don't have anything new to say about it, maybe if we can run both Gunz and Tales Runner on the same server; we will be pondering such option if it's actually possible.

    With all of the above stated, all that's left is an extreme gratitude for your presence and support, not just now, but through the years.
    It is truly an honor to 'virtually live' among you guys.

    Thank you :]


    UPDATE:

    DRGunZ is being released on the 20th of June.
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"


    Because we have cookies!

    Quotes & Stuff
     



    Because I'm ninja!


    Because Senya rocks!

    The ultimate "small time" criminal...


    Vote for me, USA 2016


    Some of my favorite quotes:

    "When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

    "There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

    "Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

    "I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

    "Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

    "Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

    "I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

    "Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

    "Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

    "It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

    "Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

    "I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

    "A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

    "Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

    "The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

    "Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

    "There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

    I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    744
    So if im correct , Donating to DR is donating 100%? That's kinda intresting Instead of giving money to a charity you could donate to DR with knowing that 100% will go to a charity ofcourse you can only be sure if proof is shown ( So than we're talking about showing all the income and what happend to it ) if not you can't be sure that you donated to a charity. I can imagine alot of people donating money to a charity every month. this could be changed to DR wich gives you benefits in-game and stuff like that.

    Changes



  3. #3
    NOPROBLEM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    So if im correct , Donating to DR is donating 100%? That's kinda intresting Instead of giving money to a charity you could donate to DR with knowing that 100% will go to a charity ofcourse you can only be sure if proof is shown ( So than we're talking about showing all the income and what happend to it ) if not you can't be sure that you donated to a charity. I can imagine alot of people donating money to a charity every month. this could be changed to DR wich gives you benefits in-game and stuff like that.
    Your donations are first and foremost to pay for the server leases. Anything extra will be donated to charity, not pocketed by any of us.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    381
    Few notes on Minecraft and Pokemon.

    Minecraft may be able to come back up very soon~ it was having problems with the java client of Pokemonium, and that was making it so that both games were unplayable. As of right now, We have gone back to the most stable client we have ever used out of all the pokemon clients once again, as the others did show much more promise, they are also significantly less finished. This being said, Once the pokemon client is set in stone as what we will be using, i will be putting minecraft back up as soon as i can afterwards. What we do with Minecraft afterwards will be another topic for when the time arises.

    The new client is also titled *Legends of Kanto* (simple spelling mistake there xD)
    Do you fear me too?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by NOPROBLEM View Post
    Your donations are first and foremost to pay for the server leases. Anything extra will be donated to charity, not pocketed by any of
    us.
    Thank you NOPROBLEM, I will now elaborate a bit further in order to clarify a few more things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    So if im correct , Donating to DR is donating 100%? That's kinda intresting Instead of giving money to a charity you could donate to DR with knowing that 100% will go to a charity ofcourse you can only be sure if proof is shown ( So than we're talking about showing all the income and what happend to it ) if not you can't be sure that you donated to a charity. I can imagine alot of people donating money to a charity every month. this could be changed to DR wich gives you benefits in-game and stuff like that.
    I will start by saying, or, repeating, that, unlike in the past, we do not have imaginary bills of 960$ per month, as the person who used to host our servers once publicly stated on our forums. There is no longer anyone pocketing any donation money as it happened in the past, like NOPROBLEM correctly stated. Since we've restarted DR under my leadership, we have been fully transparent about the cost of our servers and regarding the destiny of any donation. I intend to keep it that way, the exact same way I intend to keep DR alive while I breathe. (And if something happens to me, my family already has a document, for almost a year, that will be delivered to three of my most trusted administrators with all the logins and passwords needed to keep DR up ad running, this is no secret by now...I've said this many times.)

    We expect DRGunz to succeed, but when Gunz dies, when it REALLY dies (not the bullshit that most people ramble about Gunz being dead), as in, when Gunz has no players at all, which may happen in 3-4 years, we will obviously close it. Unlike most people around the Gunz pserver world, I've been around since the release of Ultima Online, which was the first major MMORPG that ever existed imo, so I've been around long enough to know how things work, how people work, and, how online games work; and I know that the first installment of Gunz: The Duel still has a LOT to give. However, when DRGunz is closed due to lack of players, we will move on to other games, and who knows? We might even step up from a non-profit organization into an indie company and start making our own games...Make a living out of this, which is something that has been put in the table quite a few times, we have the skills, I know how to properly follow certain necessary legal procedures, and, we have the whole community's support. Not to mention that in the past few months I've been seriously thinking about a career change... Either I'll become a Judge, which takes 2 more years of studying + 1 year of on-the-job training; or I might actually go back to university and take an informatics related degree, but that would take more 5 years of studying...sigh.

    Anyway, DR's fate is ours to decide, I am the leader, owner, father, boss, whatever you wish to call me; but I have decided since the start to give the community and staff the power to choose what they want DR to be. I could be making my own decisions, I could make DR another money making machine as it was in the past, and easily make a living out of this as most pserver owners do, but I'm not that type of person. I've always worked in DR for the community, because of the community, and I am still here for the community, not and never for myself; my commitment is with people, not with numbers or money.

    DR will live forever, it's inevitable, no one can ever change that, many have tried, only to fail and fall. Good cannot be destroyed, while evil on the other hand, always perishes. That's life, some grudged individuals just have to grow up and get over it, we are here to stay, whoever tries to harm us, will be neutralized and suffer the consequences of their actions, as many criminal hackers have already suffered in the past due to criminal attacks against our network. What most people fail to realize, is that we are not just an online community, we are a family that guides itself by noble principles, and that alone, is enough to defeat any malicious individual or group. If that's not enough, then I am. If I have to dedicate my life, or to make my life's mission, to destroy someone who wants to harm DR, so be it; what I would do for DR, is the same I would do for my real family. A man who does not fear death, and who has a legitimate cause and a real noble purpose, is more dangerous than one thousand grunts; and bringing down criminals is something that I love since I'm way too good at it.

    Moving on, in a primary moment, any donation, from myself, staff or players, goes directly to the payment of our virtual property's bills. If we ever manage to have any extra money on our paypal account, then there will be a secondary moment in which we will be donating to charity associations, consequently, showing viable evidence of such action. This is where Daemons Ring is different from almost all the other servers and people around the private server world. Unlike almost everyone else, we are not in this for the money. Daemons Ring is registered as a non-profit association because, under my leadership, I've always kept everything as legal as possible. I am not dumb to go around committing illegal activities as several ignorants out there, much less I have the need of unjust enrichment, I am a good intelligent man, not a greedy stupid child.

    Do not get the wrong idea though, all the donations will still be converted into tokens that players will use to acquire donation items - however, these donator items are no longer overpowered, nor make the game "pay2win", like nearly all the Gunz servers out there. This time, under our leadership, we intend to make DRGunZ the most balanced Gunz private server that exists. Not only our donator items will be fairly balanced, but we will also have other donator perks that will not give any kind of unfair advantage.
    This is also why we allowed the community to decide if we should reduce the amount of donation items, and also, why we asked the community if it would be better to refund the donations given to our previous host, or, if would be better to start a fresh donation database. I am disappointed that some greedy individuals failed to realize that these decisions were for the community's welfare, because in the end, it's their loss, not ours. Those who are greedy, are abused by childish and corrupt staff on other servers, I saw that happen with my own eyes when we made the poll about refunding the lost donations, I guess that's karma and the universe taking its toll...heh.

    I am extremely happy with everything that we have achieved since we've opened these forums and restarted our beloved DR under our own hands. We have gotten ourselves completely cleansed of all the corruption, abuse and deceit, regardless if that was from our previous host, or from the other community we unfortunately tried to merge with, which ended up being on the same level of our old host - abusive, dishonest, power and money hungry, corrupt, obnoxious, toxic...etc, everything that goes against our ideals, but it doesn't matter, it's all gone, and it's part of the past; and we surely have learned from our past...I confess that we've had to learn things the hard way, but we have learned and moved on, while others, are still degrading themselves day by day, with the exact, if not worse, chaotic environment.

    Despite not having DRGunz up and running at the moment, and regardless of any successful games we've had since we have decided to forge our own paths and break free from the stagnating chains that dragged us into the gutter in the past, I must say that I am really proud of everyone around here! Almost all of us have managed to become better individuals. As a "father", and, in a non offensive, but friendly "fatherly" manner, I would like to say that it has been quite heart-warming watching some of you "kids" growing up, and most of all, I am truly honored to know, and to feel, that I have made a positive difference in the lives of some of you..."Kids" that I have met 8 years ago, who are now Men (with a capital "M") who make their families proud, and, who make myself extremely proud as well. It has also been quite uplifting to see older members either maintaining their righteous paths, or shaping themselves into better individuals.

    It all comes down to this - I am DR, YOU are DR, WE are DR. WE all decide our fates, not the 'owner', not even the 'gods'. We shall seek our destiny TOGETHER, no matter the cost. NO ONE will ever change that again! We are real people, with feelings; we are not numbers, and much less money. No money on this earth would ever cover DR's price, despite our old host giving it a price of 5000$... That was pathetic, I would never "sell" DR even if it was back in the old days when it made 3000$ every month, I wouldn't sell DR for all the money in this fucking planet. There are some things in this life that money can't buy - friendship and family bonds are two of them, they are also the reason why I currently hold this leadership position, because I have always cared about everyone... This position fell on top of my head, I was basically elected by the community as their leader.. I never really wanted any of this, this 'owner' position... This is more of a burden, a constant preoccupation, than anything else, this isn't easy believe me.. But I just couldn't allow DR to be destroyed or to just disappear, I only did what I had to in order to keep DR alive, and I do not regret it; if this is a burden, then it is one that I gladly carry and will keep carrying, a simple "thanks" from just one player makes everything worth it!

    This has really been one hell of a ride, and from this point my friends, things will only get better.

    Haters gonna hate, them niggas gonna hack us and spread false bullshit about us, as they have done in the past, but hey, we're still standing, keep'em coming; what does not kill you, makes you stronger, and we have been through hell and back my friends, through hell and back!

    Thank you all for being here and putting up with my emotional crappy walls of text, lol, most of the times my heart just takes over my hands, as you all know by now...heh.

    It's been a pleasure my friends, a real pleasure.
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"


    Because we have cookies!

    Quotes & Stuff
     



    Because I'm ninja!


    Because Senya rocks!

    The ultimate "small time" criminal...


    Vote for me, USA 2016


    Some of my favorite quotes:

    "When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

    "There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

    "Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

    "I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

    "Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

    "Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

    "I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

    "Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

    "Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

    "It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

    "Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

    "I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

    "A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

    "Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

    "The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

    "Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

    "There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

    I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.




  6. #6
    Thank you Neo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    Thank you Neo
    No, thank you for still being here, even after I've banned you in the past for meaningless shit, like saying 'nigga', a word which is now freely said on this Network... I didn't have a choice though, I was told to be ruthless applying rules, and I followed the guidelines I was forced to follow.

    Nowadays, literally everything is different, we have no kind of censorship whatsoever on these forums, everyone is free to speak their minds as long as they keep a level of respect between eachother.
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"


    Because we have cookies!

    Quotes & Stuff
     



    Because I'm ninja!


    Because Senya rocks!

    The ultimate "small time" criminal...


    Vote for me, USA 2016


    Some of my favorite quotes:

    "When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

    "There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

    "Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

    "I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

    "Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

    "Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

    "I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

    "Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

    "Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

    "It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

    "Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

    "I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

    "A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

    "Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

    "The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

    "Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

    "There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

    I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    No, thank you for still being here, even after I've banned you in the past for meaningless shit, like saying 'nigga', a word which is now freely said on this Network... I didn't have a choice though, I was told to be ruthless applying rules, and I followed the guidelines I was forced to follow.

    Nowadays, literally everything is different, we have no kind of censorship whatsoever on these forums, everyone is free to speak their minds as long as they keep a level of respect between eachother.
    Now a days you can say nigger but if you say ''niggerguy'' Oh boy

    Changes



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Now a days you can say nigger but if you say ''niggerguy'' Oh boy
    LOL! I totally feel that! :]
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"


    Because we have cookies!

    Quotes & Stuff
     



    Because I'm ninja!


    Because Senya rocks!

    The ultimate "small time" criminal...


    Vote for me, USA 2016


    Some of my favorite quotes:

    "When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

    "There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

    "Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

    "I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

    "Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

    "Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

    "I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

    "Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

    "Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

    "It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

    "Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

    "I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

    "A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

    "Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

    "The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

    "Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

    "There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

    I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Earth; not just my home, but our home.
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    No, thank you for still being here, even after I've banned you in the past for meaningless shit, like saying 'nigga', a word which is now freely said on this Network... I didn't have a choice though, I was told to be ruthless applying rules, and I followed the guidelines I was forced to follow.

    Nowadays, literally everything is different, we have no kind of censorship whatsoever on these forums, everyone is free to speak their minds as long as they keep a level of respect between eachother.
    #context
    Quote Originally Posted by SCARY NEO View Post
    Add skillmaps please.












Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •