Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DRGunZ January 2014 Update!

DRGunZ January 2014 Update!

Hello dear community!

As some of you may know already, Gunblade has recently decided to step down from his main programmer role in DRGunZ. His reasons were similar to my own when I stopped working as a developer for DR back in 2010, and when I solely dedicated myself into database work and my donator shop that kept DR alive since 2008. Back then, I worked alone with Quests, and eventually I also had to build a DRGunZ client alone from ground zero in 2009 (if I'm not mistaken). Working several months/years alone on something can bring a lot of stress and pressure, and both in Gunblade's case and mine, work just kept appearing and pilling up like a snowball becoming an avalanche - always more and more work and no one to help. Gunblade will still help with DRGunZ and, being far more skilled than many show off programmers that I've seen in the past 8 years out there, I can only say that in his own discretion and humility, Gunblade literally did the impossible, he built a DRGunZ server that I never thought possible in old DR, and far better than most Gunz pservers out there, but I guess you will all have to wait and see.

All I can say is that we will not have a laggy Gunz client with those confusing [x][y][z] tags that become obsolete when we made them ingame room options, and that kill the game's balance; we will not have a rainbow server with people roaming around with ^1N^2e^3o^4D^5i^6o names; and much less we will have 200-300 donator items like we had in old DR, for the sole sake of profit like many pservers still have. As we have been previously stating, we are using a special Gunz source, which is different than probably all the Gunz servers out there, since we are not using the 1.5 source, which makes our client run much smoother than most game clients of other pservers. We will also have our very own custom game modes, as well as, in contrast to most pservers, we will have a truly balanced server with no overpowered donator/event items, and no game options/tags that completely annihilate the server's balance and competition.

As of this moment, the former lead programmer Xzile has taken Gunblade's role, he is also a humble individual who has built our first Gunz client since we restarted DR on our own, and he, himself, admits that he's not a 'coder'. Nevertheless, he can do the job and carry on Gunblade's legacy. Other staff members will also help with DRGunZ, and at the moment it's safe to say that both the game client and the game server are near completion even with this change.

Many people claim that Gunz is a dead game, well, it's not, by any means. It's worth referring both main servers that currently exist - Euro Gunz still has the 1000 players that it always had, and Freestyle has 400 players. Apart from these, there are a couple more good servers, but the rest are just random servers that have steady player count only because their players are unaware of the existence of better servers. Most pservers nowadays allow their staff and their friends to abuse and mistreat most players; their owners and staff care only about their own welfare, and above all, of their own enrichment and profit; and in most pservers, the very staff itself mocks and despises the Brazillian players (BR's) who basically keep those servers alive. Such degrading behavior does not exist in DR as everyone knows, many new players will flock into Daemons Ring since we are a place of respect and integrity, where players are treated in the exact same way with the utmost respect and justice, and with a real effective rule system that has been evolving through the years and has made Daemons Ring the peaceful and harmonious gaming network it is today where the community moderates itself without the need to applying our own rules.

It is also safe to say that we have a very large player base playing other servers and waiting religiously for DRGunZ to be fully released so they can finally return to their home and to the oldest Gunz private server that still exists, for those who are unaware, DRGunZ will be 8 years old this November in 2014.

If eventually, circumstances change and things do not go as we expected, then at the very least, we will accept our fate with a feeling of a mission accomplished, close Gunz and move on to other games with our heads held up high. Which in fact, is already happening since we are, again, expanding to other successful games.

Do not misunderstand my words though, we will only close DRGunZ if eventually the server becomes 'dead' the way it was when the previous host decided to destroy it, with 5-10 players daily, because other than that, while we live and breathe, DRGunZ will be up and running.

As for these forums and Daemons Ring itself, as I've said many times in the past, unlike most gaming communities who only care about profit, have abusive or incompetent staff, etc.., the Daemons Ring gaming community is more than just a game, it's a family, it's a group of people who are united by an unbreakable bond of friendship and integrity, therefore, it's far more than virtual property.

With all of the above written, once more, I thank you all for your patience and continued support.

Sincerely,
    Neo.
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

The ultimate "small time" criminal...

Vote for me, USA 2016

Some of my favorite quotes:

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

"There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

"Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

"I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

"Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

"Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

"Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

"It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

"Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

"A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

"The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

"Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

"There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.

Amen.

"When God is for us, who can be against us?"

ok

So sad Gunblade is done with GUnZ, now my dream of ssao and bump mapping and new lighting effects will never come true D:

he's not exactly done, but meh lol.

He was a cool guy from what I've heard
    Contact me:
    Private Message | Visitor Message
    Want my Skype? Message me here.
    >implying I ever get on

does this mean gunblade will shove the source up Xzile's ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    So sad Gunblade is done with GUnZ, now my dream of ssao and bump mapping and new lighting effects will never come true D:
    Oh god.... thats my dieing wish forever. but I'll never see that happening. bump mapping requires another texture (mostly blue or grey) though, and the GunZ lightning map is not dynamic, but is baked. (prerendered).
    so maybe if it's possible to bake the bumpmaps with the lightning map but I doubt we can get a worldedit that can do that all for us.
    If I'm thinking hard enough I could think of ways to fake a bump map by just beveling the texture, but then you cant use tiled textures so the textures would get very big unless its a seamless transition.
    IF we get that far, we need to duplicate every texture of every map and it will take more space in the client....

I already faked a sort off "Ambient Occlusion", simply by adding a fog to a map that starts directly from the player (0) to the far distance (15000 for small maps and 25000 for a map with skybox) with a darkblue color.
    but btw, that GTA mod you had modified for gunz also had a bloom option right? if we're talking about the same mod here...
    possible to intergrate that mod into the launcher? so people can turn it off and on before they start the game.
    Last edited by Veryl; 20-01-2014 at 09:56 AM.
    evil neko since '91

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDio View Post
    Hello dear community!

Most pservers nowadays allow their staff and their friends to abuse and mistreat most players; their owners and staff care only about their own welfare, and above all, of their own enrichment and profit; and in most pservers, the very staff itself mocks and despises the Brazillian players (BR's) who basically keep those servers alive.
    Sincerely,

Neo.
    Quoted for truth, ******** is busily destroying itself at the moment with incompetant programming.
    Last edited by Mitsurugi; 20-01-2014 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Please avoid dissing other servers.

Quote Originally Posted by ash0787 View Post
    Quoted for truth, ******** is busily destroying itself at the moment with incompetant programming.
    I know it's not advertisement nor against the rules, but I ask you to avoid naming other servers if you're going to diss them, that's not what our community should aim for, but only our mutual respect, not to mention that some of the users that share a place here probably play the server you just named, or some of their players might show interest in our community aswell.

Soporte en Español!
    Will miss you, Hospitable Pyro Jack....

Random Chatbox stuff

Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsurugi View Post
    The blonde Spock strikes again!
    You just wait, I'll find something to stab you with every time you post something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsurugi View Post
    LOL What a fucking mess
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrors View Post
    f-fuck you wes!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDio View Post
    Gunblade will still help with DRGunZ
    Gunblade will keep working on DRGunZ, he just wants a less important role in it, and, he has his own project coming very soon to DR ;]
    "Making mistakes is human, but the ability to acknowledge them, the humility and maturity to apologize and try to correct them is GODLY"

Because we have cookies!

Quotes & Stuff

Because I'm ninja!

Because Senya rocks!

The ultimate "small time" criminal...

Vote for me, USA 2016

Some of my favorite quotes:

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw" - Nelson Mandela

"There is no fate but what we make" - John Connor (Christian Bale)

"Embrace your dreams and protect your honor" Zack Fair (FF7)

"I don't step aside, I step up" - Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklis)

"Falling is the last thing an angel feels" - Gabriel (Andy Whitfield RIP)

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I don't believe in God but I believe in Angels" - Max Payne (Mark Wahlberg)

"Accept your fate of be destroyed by it" - Batiatus

"Accept your fate or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return" - Spartacus

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

"It is easier to find men willing to die, than men who endure pain with patience" - Gaius Julius Caesar

"Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting" - John W. Creasy (Denzel Washington)

"I live to see a day where (...) cruelty is but a distant memory" - Spartacus.

"A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life." - Oenomaus.

"Revenge is a meal best served cold" - John W. Creasy.

"The price of freedom is sacrifice" - Zack Fair.

"Track them, find them, kill them" - Barney Ross.

"There is no justice, not in this world" - Spartacus.

I'm sorry Crixus, I just couldn't help myself.

Thread Information