Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TIME PORTAL

NOPROBLEM Guest

Question TIME PORTAL

YOU CAN TRAVEL TO ANY LOCATION BACK IN TIME.
    ONCE YOU ARRIVE, YOU CAN NEVER RETURN.
    YOU CAN ONLY BRING WHAT YOU CAN CARRY.

WHERE DO YOU GO?
    WHEN DO YOU GO?
    WHAT DO YOU BRING?
    WHY?

NOPROBLEM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatharna View Post
    I go to Germany, 1945.
    I bring back nothing.
    I prevent hitler from suiciding and give him over to a court.
    That is all.
    that is one of the most poorly thought out ideas ever.

Inside the World Trade Center, 11 September 2001, 8:30:00.
    Bring megaphone (just to get more people to hear) and wallet with money for a pay phone and a taxi (not bringing cell phone).
    Set off fire alarms, try to get as many people as possible outside and away before the first strike that happens around 8:46:30.

Not that well thought out in terms of why anyone would believe me, and how I would get out (try to hide in the crowd if people evacuate during as the alarms go off...?)

Only listing stuff that I actually own that I could carry.

NOPROBLEM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrors View Post
    Inside the World Trade Center, 11 September 2001, 8:30:00.
    Bring megaphone (just to get more people to hear) and wallet with money for a pay phone and a taxi (not bringing cell phone).
    Set off fire alarms, try to get as many people as possible outside and away before the first strike that happens around 8:46:30.

Not that well thought out in terms of why anyone would believe me, and how I would get out (try to hide in the crowd if people evacuate during as the alarms go off...?)

Only listing stuff that I actually own that I could carry.
    another poorly thought out idea.

Gee thanks NP how about you fucking share something then.

New Jersey

I bring a laptop/flashdrives/ehdd's full of the modern understanding of everything science related. mathematics, physics, astrophysics, psychology, psychiatry, medical science, etc. EVERYTHING.

Give them to Albert Einstein so the world today will be even more advanced than it already is. It would be most interesting to watch him work with modern ideas decades ahead of him time as well ^^

Since Albert's profession lies in physics, I'd probably have to find the other leading people of their respective sciences in that time period to distribute information to as well to help further the whole of science to the highest extent so everything is furthered, and not just just one thing.

I was considering giving them to isaac newton, but i'd probably be burned as a witch before I'd even get to him considering the time he lived in xD

also skillmaps please.
    Last edited by Kiyde; 09-11-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCARY NEO View Post
    Add skillmaps please.

Time : Whenever the time machine was first thought of
    Items : Enough convincing information as well as something that will be *soon to happen* in that era as evidence that i've come back from time
    Why: To convince them to not build a time machine at all, the past is what has shaped the future for the best and for the worst, and one small change of the past could easily ruin the future unless you have guaranteed knowledge it would bring only positive change, which is something that for the most part, cannot be guaranteed. Killing a mass murderer might bring someone worse to power for example. Stopping a terrible event in the past may ensure less precaution is taken to prevent it later which could cause something much more severe etc.
    Do you fear me too?

NOPROBLEM Guest
    I go to Germany, 1945.
    I bring back nothing.
    I prevent hitler from suiciding and give him over to a court.
    That is all.
    why would u wait till after the holocaust to do something? and all ur doing is delaying his death. terrible idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrors View Post
    Gee thanks NP how about you fucking share something then.
    ok. i would go back to 1997.
    i would bring ~$80,000 in cash.
    i would seek out sergey brin and larry page and be their angel investor becoming the leading shareholder. from there, i might tip off the government about 9/11, giving flight numbers and terrorist names. because im a super rich, powerful and credible person theyd have to listen to what i say, thus preventing the attack. not some loony guy running around pulling fire alarms and actually preventing nothing. i live happily ever after fucking super models every night.
    Ok I go to Year 0,
    I knock out Jesus and carry him back.
    I got Jesus. Win?
    cant return means u cant carry him back. good luck carrying an imaginary person anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flandre Komeiji View Post
    Time : Whenever the time machine was first thought of
    Items : Enough convincing information as well as something that will be *soon to happen* in that era as evidence that i've come back from time
    Why: To convince them to not build a time machine at all, the past is what has shaped the future for the best and for the worst, and one small change of the past could easily ruin the future unless you have guaranteed knowledge it would bring only positive change, which is something that for the most part, cannot be guaranteed. Killing a mass murderer might bring someone worse to power for example. Stopping a terrible event in the past may ensure less precaution is taken to prevent it later which could cause something much more severe etc.
    time portal =/= time machine.

Quote Originally Posted by NOPROBLEM View Post
    i would seek out sergey brin and larry page and be their angel investor becoming the leading shareholder. from there, i might tip off the government about 9/11, giving flight numbers and terrorist names. because im a super rich, powerful and credible person theyd have to listen to what i say, thus preventing the attack. not some loony guy running around pulling fire alarms and actually preventing nothing. i live happily ever after fucking super models every night.
    alright I see what you mean by thinking things out

Quote Originally Posted by NOPROBLEM View Post
    why would u wait till after the holocaust to do something? and all ur doing is delaying his death. terrible idea.

cant return means u cant carry him back. good luck carrying an imaginary person anyway.
    time portal =/= time machine.
    Either way.
    Do you fear me too?

Thread Information