Final Fantasy VII Remake

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
This year's E3 was full of surprises, SWTOR's new expansion, Mass Effect Andromeda, Mirror's Edge 2, etc.., but the most surprising revelation was, the long anticipated Final Fantasy VII's remake.

So far, there's only this trailer:
[video=youtube;Kznek1uNVsg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg[/video]

I still want a proper RPG sequel that will finish the story, but I'll guess this will be enough for now.

Sacrifices

Retired DR Minecraft Staff
I still want a proper RPG sequel that will finish the story, but I'll guess this will be enough for now.
They'll just keep making sequels because the money is good.

N

NOPROBLEM

FF9 deserves it more. Maybe this is just a trial run to test the waters with the lesser FF before getting to the better.

SKNeoDio

Administrator
Staff member
They'll just keep making sequels because the money is good.
Of course, not only FF7 has the largest fanbase of the FF series, but even SE themselves already admitted several times that FF7 still is their best FF title until today.

FF9 deserves it more. Maybe this is just a trial run to test the waters with the lesser FF before getting to the better.
Well, this 'trial run', known as the FF7 Compilation, already includes: a movie, Advent Children; two prequels, Before Crisis and Crisis Core; a spin-off shooter, Dirge of Cerberus; and recently, a remake of the G-Bike mini-game. They all sold very well, even this last one that is a free game, but has energy and other stuff that can be purchased via 'premium Crystals', so it still brings profit.

Regardless if it will be a good or bad remake, it's already bound to bring an infinite flow of money into SE's coffers... The only other possible remakes mentioned after this announcement were for FF5 and FF6; I personally would like to see FF6 remade, since it's my favorite right after FF7.

Sheen

Duelists Server Admin
Staff member
I loved Final Fantasy VII, and would love to play this.